Part of the Modern Birkhäuser Classics book series (MBC)
We already met with the concept of “congruence” in Section 3.3. In this section we are going to explore it more systematically.
KeywordsEquivalence Relation Diophantine Equation Residue Class Primitive Root Chinese Remainder Theorem
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. E. Dickson, History of the Theory of Numbers. New York: Chelsea, 1952.Google Scholar
- 2.C. F. Gauss, Disquisitiones Arith. (Translated from the second Latin edition, 1870, by A. Clark). New Haven: Yale Univ. Press, 1966, see Art. 24, p. 77.Google Scholar
- 3.W. J. LeVeque, Topics in Number Theory, Vol. 1. Reading, Mass.: Addison Wesley, 1956.Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Stern, Lehrbuch der Algebraischen Analysis. Leipzig: Winter’sehe Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1860.Google Scholar
- 7.Sun Tsu, Suan-ching (arithmetic), edited by Y. Mikaini, Abhandlungen-Geschichte der Mathematischen Wissenschaften 30 (1912), 32.Google Scholar
- 8.B. L. Van der Waerden, Modern Algebra, Vol. 1. New York: Frederick Ungar, 1953.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1984