Differential Geometry of Gerbes and Differential Forms
- 1.1k Downloads
We discuss certain aspects of the combinatorial approach to the differential geometry of non-abelian gerbes due to W. Messing and the author , and give a more direct derivation of the associated cocycle equations. This leads us to a more restrictive definition than in  of the corresponding coboundary relations. We also show that the diagrammatic proofs of certain local curving and curvature equations may be replaced by computations with differential forms.
- 3.Breen, L.: Classification of 2-gerbes and 2-stacks. Astérisque 225, Société Mathématique de France (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Breen, L.: Notes on 1- and 2-gerbes. In: Baez, J.C., May, J.P. (eds.) Towards Higher Categories. The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 152, pp. 195–235. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Brylinski, J.-L.: Loop spaces, characteristic classes and geometric quantization. Progr. Math. 107, Birkhäuser, Boston (1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Kobayashi, S., Nomizu, K.: Foundations of differential geometry. Intersci. Tracts Pure Appl. Math. 15 (1969)Google Scholar
- 14.Schreiber, U.: From loop space mechanics to nonabelian strings, University of Duisburg-Essen doctoral dissertation (2005), available as Arxiv: hep-th/0509163 Google Scholar