Biographies of Selected Mathematicians
KeywordsInvariant Theory Division Algebra Projective Geometry Galois Theory Abstract Algebra
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. S. Alexandrov, In memory of Emmy Noether, in Emmy Noether,1882–1935, by A. Dick, Birkhäuser, 1981, pp. 153–179.Google Scholar
- 2.J. W. Brewer and M. K. Smith (eds), Emmy Noether: A Tribute to her Life and Work, Marcel Dekker, 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Dick, Emmy Noether, 1882–1935, Birkhäuser, 1981.Google Scholar
- 4.R. J. Evans, The Feminist Movement in Germany, 1894–1933, Sage Publ., 1976.Google Scholar
- 5.C. H. Kimberling, Emmy Noether and her influence, in Emmy Noether: A Tribute to her Life and Work, ed. by J. W. Brewer and M. K. Smith, Marcel Dekker, 1981, pp. 3–61.Google Scholar
- 6.S. MacLane, Mathematics at the University of Göttingen (1931–1933), in Emmy Noether: A Tribute to her Life and Work, ed. by J. W. Brewer and M. K. Smith, Marcel Dekker, 1981, pp. 65–78.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Parikh, The Unreal Life of Oscar Zariski, Academic Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Srinivasan and J. Sally (eds.), Emmy Noether in Bryn Mawr, Springer-Verlag, 1983.Google Scholar
- 9.B. L. van der Waerden, Obituary of Emmy Noether, in Emmy Noether, 1882–1935,by A. Dick, Birkhäuser, 1981, pp. 100–111.Google Scholar
- 11.H. Weyl, Memorial address, in Emmy Noether, 1882–1935, ed. by A. Dick, Birkhäuser, 1981, pp. 112–152.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Boston 2007