Aims and Objectives
• To introduce the theory of planar autonomous linear differential equations.
• To extend the theory of linear systems to that of nonlinear systems.
On completion of this chapter, the reader should be able to
• find and classify critical points in the plane;
• carry out simple linear transformations;
• construct phase plane diagrams using isoclines, vector fields, and eigenvectors;
• apply the theory to simple modeling problems.
KeywordsSaddle Point Phase Portrait Planar System Unstable Manifold Stable Manifold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.