Aims and Objectives
• To provide a brief historical background to neural networks.
• To investigate simple neural network architectures.
• To consider applications in the real world.
• To present working Maple program worksheets for some neural networks.
• To introduce neurodynamics.
On completion of this chapter, the reader should be able to
• use the generalized delta learning rule with backpropagation of errors to train a network;
• determine the stability of Hopfield networks using a suitable Lyapunov function;
• use the Hopfield network as an associative memory;
• study the dynamics of a neuromodule in terms of bistability, chaos, periodicity, quasiperiodicity, and chaos control.
KeywordsNeural Network Hide Layer Lyapunov Function Bifurcation Diagram Synaptic Weight
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.