Nonlinear Discrete Dynamical Systems
Aims and Objectives
• To introduce nonlinear one- and two-dimensional iterated maps.
• To investigate period-doubling bifurcations to chaos.
• To introduce the notion of universality.
On completion of this chapter, the reader should be able to
• produce graphical iterations of one-dimensional iterated maps;
• test whether certain systems are chaotic;
• plot bifurcation diagrams;
• apply some of the theory to model simple problems from biology, economics, neural networks, nonlinear optics, and population dynamics.
KeywordsPeriodic Orbit Lyapunov Exponent Bifurcation Diagram Periodic Point Chaotic Attractor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.