F-Isocrystals on Open Varieties Results and Conjectures
(a) In this paper we want to present some results and conjectures about crystalline cohomology. In particular, we shall show that many results from ℓ-adic étale cohomology have analogues, like the Lefschetz trace-formula, unipotence of monodromy, and the theory of weights. Our results are a sequel to the paper [Fa2]. However, there are some differences between the approaches taken. First of all, in [Fa2] we are mainly concerned with ℤp-valued cohomology, and show at the end how results carry over to the ℚp-adic theory (which works under much more general circumstances, but gives weaker results as we neglect p-torsion). Also, in [Fa2] the results are fairly complete, that is we show pretty much the results one can hope for. Finally, we were mostly interested in the relation between crystalline cohomology and p-adic étale cohomology.
KeywordsVector Bundle Finite Type Direct Image Galois Representation Poincare Duality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B1]Berthelot, P., Cohomologie cristalline des schémas de characteristic p > 0, Springer Lecture Notes 407 (1974).Google Scholar
- [BO 1]Berthelot, P. and Ogus, A., Notes on crystalline cohomology, Prince-ton University Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- [Fa2]Faltings, G., Crystalline cohomology and p-adic Galois representations, to appear in Am. Jour. of Math.Google Scholar
- [FO3]Fontaine, J.M., Cohomologie de de Rham, cohomologie cristalline et representations p-adiques, Springer Lecture Notes 1016 (1983), 86–108.Google Scholar
- [FM]Fontaine, J. and Messing, W., p-adic periods and p-adic étale cohomology, preprint MSRI, 1987.Google Scholar
- [H]Hyodo, O., On variation of Hodge-Tate structures, preprint Nara (Japan), Oct. 17, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Ma]Mazur, B., Frobenius and the Hodge filtration (estimates), Ann. of Math. 98 (9173), 58–95.Google Scholar
- [Me]Messing, W., The crystals associated to Barsotti-Tate groups, Lecture Notes in Math. 264 (1972).Google Scholar
- [T]Tate, J., P-divisible groups, Conference on local fields (Driebergen), 158–183.Google Scholar
- [EGA]Grothendieck, A., Eléments de Géometrie Algébrique, IHES Publ. Math. 4, 8, 11....Google Scholar
- [SGA]Grothendieck, A. and collaborators, Séminaire de Géometrie Algébrique.Google Scholar