Fuzzy Inference and Control Methods Involving Two Kinds of Uncertainties
In the area of fuzzy control, there are four inference methods, including Mamdani inference . Larsen inference , Tsukamoto inference , and Takagi-Sugeno inference . Common features of these inference methods are : (1) the knowledge base is composed of fuzzy rules; (2) the uncertainty of reasoning is from the linguistic description of premises (or, sometimes consequences) or fuzzy rules (e.g., positively big, very bad, etc.); and (3) each rule in the knowledge base is believed to be completely creditable.
KeywordsFuzzy Number Fuzzy Rule Fuzzy Control Fuzzy Subset Goto Step
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. G. Buchanan and E. H. Shortliffe, Eds., Rule-Based Expert System: The MYCIN Experiments of the Stanford Heuristic Programming Project, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1984.Google Scholar
- K. Huan, Introduction to Expert Systems, Nanjing, China: Southeast University Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- P. M. Larsen, “Industrial applications of fuzzy logic control,” International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 3–10, 1980.Google Scholar
- J. Lu, H. Zhang, and L. Chen, “A fuzzy control approach concerning with rule’s confidence,” Control and Decision, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 225–228, 1992. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- K. M. Passino and S. Yurkovich, Fuzzy Control, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1998.Google Scholar
- Y. Tsukamoto, “An approach to fuzzy reasoning method,”, in Advances in Fuzzy Set Theory and Applications, Edited by M. M. Gupta, R. K. Ragade, and R. R. Yager, Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1979.Google Scholar
- H. Zhang and W. Xu, “Modern control theory applied to 200MW boiler: Turbine unit control,” Proceedings of the IFAC Symposium on Power Systems and Power Plant Control, Beijing, China, Aug. 1986, pp. 330–336.Google Scholar
- H. J. Zimmermann, Fuzzy Set Theory and Its Applications, 4th Ed., Boston, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.Google Scholar
- K. Zou and Y. Xu, Fuzzy Systems and Expert Systems, Sichuan, China: Southwest Jiaotong University Press, 1989.Google Scholar