Actions of Finite Hypergroups and Examples
This paper is an introduction to the theory of actions of finite hypergroups, particularly commutative ones. We present some basic facts concerning actions and then proceed to classify irreducible *-actions of hypergroups of order two, the class and character hypergroups of S3 and of the Golden hypergroup —which arises from the pentagon when viewed as a strongly regular graph.
KeywordsFinite Group Regular Graph Association Scheme Character Table Measure Algebra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. A. Ross, Hypergroups and centers of measure algebras, Symposia Math. 22(1977), 189–203.Google Scholar
- V. S. Sunder and A. K. Vijayarajan, On the non-occurrence of the Coxeter graphs ß 2n+1 , D 2n+1 and E 7 as the principal graph of an inclusion of Π 1 factors, preprint.Google Scholar
- V. S. Sunder and N. J. Wildberger, On discrete hypergroups and their actions on sets, preprint (1996).Google Scholar
- N. J. Wildberger, Duality and Entropy for finite commutative hypergroups and fusion rule algebras, to appear.Google Scholar
- N. J. Wildberger, Lagrange’s theorem and integrality for finite commutative hypergroups with applications to strongly-regular graphs, to appear, J. of Alg.Google Scholar