Fuzzy Control for Robot Manipulators with Artificial Rubber Muscles
When controlling a robot manipulator by aplying the well-known computed torque control law, we usually need the mathematically accurate model. However, it is not necessarily easy to make a rigorous model, because the dynamic modeling of the robot manipulator essentially include some uncertainties such as system pa- rameters, disturbance inputs and nonlinear elements. Thus we can be faced with the problem of designing a robust controller that achieves a stable control, even through we use inaccurate modeling information. Some different approaches to the problem of robust control design for uncertain systems have beem proposed for a case when the bounds on the uncertainties are known (Hui and Ẓak, 1992); two major approaches to the deterministic control of uncertain systems are the deterministic control using Lyapunov functions (Corless and Leitmann, 1981; Coreless, 1989) and the variable structure control (or sliding mode control) methods (Utkins, 1977; De- Carlo et al. The approached without using the bound information on the uncertainties can also be found in Chen (1990) or Imura et al. (1991).
A fuzzy control is attracted as as practical control strategy for controlling a robot manipulator, because we need to mathematical models and can easily apply it to nonlinear systems as well as linear systems. it should be noted, that, when designing a fuzzy logic controller, we must tune some controller parameters such as scalers (or gains) for the input data and the output of the fuzzy logic controller. For this problem, some self-organizing fuzzy controllers (SOFCs) have been already examined by several authors (Procyk and Mamdani, 1979; Yamazaki and Sugeno, 1984; Daley and Gill; 1986; Linkens and Hasnain, 1991; Tanji and Ki- noshita, 1987; Maeda and Murakami, 1988). On the other hand, some (iterative or repeated) learning-type fuzzy controller (LFCs) that incorporated a neural network have been also reported recently (Watanabe and Ichihashi, 1990; Hayashi et al., 1990; Horikawa, et al., 1991; Watanabe et al., 1992; Watanabe and Tang, 1992).
KeywordsFuzzy Control Fuzzy Controller Robot Manipulator Fuzzy Logic Controller Control Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Corless, M.J., Tracking Controllers for Uncertain Systems: Application to a Manutec R3 Robot, ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Mess. and Control, 111, pp.509–618 (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.Daley, S. and Gill, K.F., A design study of a self-organising fuzzy logic controller, Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng., 200-C1, pp.59–69 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Hayashi, I., Nomura, H., and Wakami, N., Acquisition of Inference Rules by Neural Network Driven Fuzzy Reasoning, J. of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Systems, 2-4, pp.585–597 (1990) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.Horikawa, S., Furuhashi, T., Okuma, S., and Uchikawa, Y., A Learning Fuzzy Controller Using a Neural Network, Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 27-2, pp.208–215 (1991) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 10.Imura, J., Sugie, T., and Yoshikawa, T., Adaptive Robust Control for Robot Manipulators, Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 27-3, pp.314–319 (1991) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Maeda, M. and Murakami, S., Self-Tuning Fuzzy Controller, Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 24-2, pp.191–197 (1988) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 12.Mamdani, E.H., Application of fuzzy algorithms for control of simple dynamic plant, Proc. IEE, 121-12, pp.1585–1588 (1974)Google Scholar
- 14.Mizumoto, M., Fuzzy Reasoning Methods for Fuzzy Control, J. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 28-11, pp.959–963 (1989) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 17.Rumelhart, D.E., McClelland, J.L., and the PDP Research Group, Parallel Distributed Processing, 1, MIT Press (1986)Google Scholar
- 18.Tanji, J. and Kinoshita, M., A Fuzzy Controller with a Robust Learning Function, Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 23-12, pp.1296–1303 (1987) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 21.Watanabe, K. and Tang, J., Learning Controller based on Fuzzy Gaussian Neural Network, Proc. of 2nd Symposium on Intelligent Systems, Nagoya, 920-87, pp.255–260 (1992) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 22.Watanabe, K., Shiramizu, K., and Fukuda, T., Multiple Fuzzy Controls, Trans. JSME, Series C, Vol.58, No.554, pp.2970–2976 (1992) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 23.Watanabe, T. and Ichihashi, H., Fuzzy Control of a Robotic Manipulator by the Feedback Error Learning, Trans. of the Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, 3-7, pp.212–217 (1990) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 24.Yamazaki, T. and Sugeno, M., Self-Organizing Fuzzy Controller, Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, 20-8, pp.720–726 (1984) (in Japanese)Google Scholar