A Vision of the Second Fifty Years of Nuclear Technology
In my remarks today, I will consider the following topics:
International Nuclear Societies Council Vision for the Second Fifty Years of Nuclear Energy1,2
Health Effects of Low Level Radiation3
Responsibility of Nuclear Technologists
KeywordsRadioactive Waste Nuclear Technology High Capital Cost Public Fear Global Energy Demand
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.R. Hatcher, “International Nuclear Societies Council Vision for the Next Fifty Years of Nuclear Energy” Presentation to the ANS President’s Session ANS Winter Meeting, San Francisco, October 31, 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.D.W. Miller, Additional Comments (Opinion) and Information on use of natural gas for generation of electricity and current status of the USLWR and ALWR Programs, November 10, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Muckerheide, The Health Effects of Low-Level Radiation: Science, Data, and Corrective Action, Nuclear News, pp 26–34, September 1995Google Scholar
- 4.World Energy Council, Energy for Tomorrow’s World, London, ISBN 0 7494 1117 1, (1993), update in 1995Google Scholar
- 5.C. Marchetti, Nuclear Energy and its Future, Perspectives in Energy, USA 7, pp 19–34, 1992Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1996