Lung Volume Reduction Surgery in Patients with Emphysema
Surgica interest has long been directed to the treatment of patients with emphysema. This has resulted in a remarkable number of different approaches in surgical history.
KeywordsChronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Lung Function Total Lung Capacity Cromolyn Sodium Lung Volume Reduction
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ciaensler, FA, Gaensler EHL. Surgical treatment of bullous emphysema, In: Boive AE, ed. Glenn’s thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. 5th edn. Norwalk: Appleton & Lange: 1991:193.Google Scholar
- 2.Connoly JE, Wilson A. The current status of surgery for hullous emphysema. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1989;97:351.Google Scholar
- 8.Keenan RJ, Landreneau RJ. Sciurba FC et al. Unilateral thoracoscopic surgical approach for diffuse bullous emphysema. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. (In press).Google Scholar
- 9.Weder W. Video-assisted lung volume reduction-is it an option? Proc Lung Volume Reduction Seminar. Paris, 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.Trulock E. Results of lung volume reduction surgery for severe emphysema. Proc Lung Volume Reduction Seminar. Paris, 1995.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1996