Viruses, like other living organisms, receive their genetic information from the past, maintain and transmit the information in the present, and replicate and send the information faithfully to time and space of the future.
KeywordsInternal Ribosomal Entry Site Translational Diversity Cell Leukemia Virus Type Specific Nucleic Acid Sequence Rauscher Leukemia Virus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gilden, R.V., Oroszlan, S., and Hatanaka, M., 1974, Comparison and evolution of RNA tumor virus components, In Viruses, Evolution, and Cancer, ed. E. Kurstak, K. Maramorosch, pp.235–257. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Haseltine, W.A., and Wong-Staal, F., 1991, Genetic Structure and Regulation of HIV. New York: Raven Press Ltd.Google Scholar
- Hatanaka, M, and Nam, S-H., 1989a, Viral proteinases as targets for chemotherapy. Processing sequence of gag-pro polyprotein by HTLV-I proteinase, In Current Communications in Molecular Biology, ed. H.-G. Kräusslich, S. Oroszlan, E. Weimmer, pp. 117–126. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory press.Google Scholar
- Hatanaka, M. and Nam, S-H., 1989c, Synthesis and activity of HTLV-I protease and its muteins. In Proteases of Retroviruses, ed. V. Kostka, pp. 119–124. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter.Google Scholar
- Hatanaka, M. 1991, Nucleolar targeting signals (NOS) of HIV. In Genetic Structure and Regulation of HIV, ed. W.A. Haseltine, F. Wong-Staal, pp. 263–287. New York: Raven Press Ltd.Google Scholar
- McAllister, R.M., Nicolson, M., Gardner, M.B., Rongey, R.W., Rasheed. S., Sarma, P.S., Huebner, R.J., Hatanaka, M., Oroszlan, S., Gilden, R.V., Kabigting, A., and Vernon, L., 1972, C type virus released from cultured human rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Nature (New Biology) 235: 3–6.Google Scholar
- Nosaka, T., Siomi, H., Adachi, Y., Ishibashi, M., Kubota, S., Maki, M., and Hatanaka, M., 1989, Nucleolar targeting signal of human T-cell leukemia virus type I rex-encoded protein is essential for cytoplasmic accumulation of unspliced viral mRNA. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86: 9798–9802.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar