Multistep Queries: The Need for a Correlation Environment
It is now widely recognised that there is a need for good methods of disseminating the large amounts of digital data generated by large scientific projects such as space missions and major ground-based observatories. Funding for these large projects can only be justified if there is a good scientific return on the data that they collect. Thus, wherever possible, the data from a project should be made widely available within the user community for that project (subject to any time-limited period of individual privilege).
KeywordsIntermediate Result Interplanetary Magnetic Field Correlation Environment Magnetic Field Component Remote Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Albrecht, M., Russo, G., Richmond, A. and Hapgood M., Towards a European Space Information System: Volume 1, General Overview of User Requirements, 21, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Codd, E.F., The Relational Model for Database Management, Volume 2, Addison-Wesley, New York, 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.Giaretta, D.L., Hapgood, M.A., Lepine, D.R., Penny, A.J., Read, B.J., Alleyne, H.St.C., Walker, S.N. and Woolliscroft, L.J.C., European Space Information System: Correlation Environment. Report on ESA contract RFQ/3-6600/89/HGEI, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory and University of Sheffield, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.Giommi, P., Ansari, S.G., Ciarlo, A., Donzelli, P., Stokke, H., Torrente, P. and Walker S.N., “The ESIS correlation environment prototype”, in Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems I, Worrall, D.M., Biemesderfer, C. and Barnes, J., eds., Astronomical Society Pacific, San Francisco, 59–61, 1992.Google Scholar
- 8.Groucher, G., “CDF News: Version 2.3 is ready for release”, NSSDC News, 8, 8, 1992.Google Scholar
- 10.IDL User’s Guide for IDL version 2.2, edition of April 1, 1992. pp. 13-29 to 13-32, Research Systems Inc, Boulder, Colorado, 1992.Google Scholar
- 11.NSSDC CDF User’s Guide for VMS Systems, version 2.1, NSSDC/WDC-A-R&S Report, 91-31, NSSDC, Greenbelt, MD, 1991.Google Scholar