Prospects of MCDA
The last chapter of a book usually contains the loose ends, the odd bits and pieces that have been left out of consideration in the previous chapters. So far, we have written so much about past experiences that it is time now to turn to the future of MCDA. What are its prospects, from the author’s viewpoint, and what can be said about the desirable properties of the MCDA tools for decision support?
KeywordsDecision Maker Criterion Weight Advisory Council Individual Decision Maker Distribute Decision Making
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References to Chapter 12
- 1.Janssen, R., and Herwijnen, M., “Definite, a System to Support Decisions on a FINITE Set of Alternatives”. Kluwer, Dordrecht/Boston/London, 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.Lanford, H.W., “Technological Forecasting Methodologies, a Synthesis”. American Management Association, 1972.Google Scholar
- 3.LaPlante, A., “Nineties Style Brainstorming”. Technology Supplement of Forbes Magazine, October 25, 44–61, 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.Lootsma, F.A., “The Expected Future of MCDA”. To appear in the Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis, 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.Olson, D., “Decision Aids for Selection Problems”. Springer Series in Operations Research, New York, 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.White, B.L., “The Technology Assessment Process”. Quorum, New York, 1988.Google Scholar