Design of Fuzzy Controllers Based on Frequency And Transient Characteristics
This chapter proposes two design procedures for fuzzy phase-lead compensator design based on frequency and transient characteristics. The main feature of fuzzy phase-lead compensator proposed in this chapter is its effective phase compensating characteristics. We derive two important theorems by introducing concept of frequency and transient characteristics. The first theorem is for judging whether a fuzzy phase-lead compensator should be used or not. The second is for realizing a phase-lead compensation. A design procedure (Design Procedure 1) of fuzzy phase-lead compensators for linear system is constructed using the theorem. Furthermore, it is extended to a design procedure (Design Procedure 2) for unknown or non-linear system. We apply Design Procedure 2 to tank level control problem which is a non-linear system with dead time. Simulation results show validity of these design procedures.
KeywordsDesign Procedure Transient Response Fuzzy Control Fuzzy Controller Dead Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E.H. Mamdani, “Applications of fuzzy algorithm for control of simple dynamic plant,” Proc. IEE, Vol. 121, No. 12, pp. 1585–1588 (1974).Google Scholar
- M. Sugeno, “Fuzzy control,” Nikkankogypu Publ. Co., (1988).Google Scholar
- K. Tanaka and M. Sano, “A new tuning method of fuzzy control,” Proceeding of 4th IFSA World Congress, Vol. 1, pp. 207–210, (1991).Google Scholar
- A. Ishigame et. al., “Design of electric power system stabilizer based on fuzzy control theory,” IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 973–980, (1992).Google Scholar
- K. Tanaka, M. Sano and T. Takema, “A phase-lead compensation of fuzzy control systems,” Journal of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Systems, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 163–170, (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- A. Fujii, T. Ueyama and N. Yoshitani, “Design of fuzzy controller using frequency response,” Proceeding of 5th Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 115–120, (1989)(in Japanese).Google Scholar
- K. Tanaka and M. Sano, “Design of fuzzy controller based on frequency and transient characteristics,” Proceeding of 2th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems. Vol. 1, pp. 111–116, (1993).Google Scholar
- K. Tanaka and M. Sano, “Analysis and design of fuzzy controller in frequency domain,” Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on IECON’93, (1993)(To appear).Google Scholar