∼22,000 cases and 17,000 deaths per year in the U.S. Frequency: hepatocellular carcinoma (most common) > gallbladder cancer > extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma > intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (least common).
KeywordsGallbladder Cancer Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Stage Group Microscopic Residual Disease Extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Borghero Y, Crane CH, Szklaruk J, et al. Extrahepatic Bile Duct Adenocarcinoma: Patients at High-Risk for Local Recurrence Treated with Surgery and Adjuvant Chemoradiation Have an Equivalent Overall Survival to Patients with Standard-Risk Treated with Surgery Alone. Ann Surg Oncol 2008;15: 3147-3156.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Cubertafond P, Mathonnet M, Gainant A, et al. Radical Surgery For Gallbladder Cancer. Results of the French Surgical Association Survey. Hepatogastroenerology 1999;46:1567-1571.Google Scholar
- Mornex F, Girarda N, Beziat C, et al. Feasibility and efficacy of high-dose three-dimensional radiotherapy in cirrhotic patients with small-size hepatocellular carcinoma non-eligible for curative therapies – mature results of the French phase II RTF-1 trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2006;66:1152-8.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Hepatobiliary Cancers. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/hepatobiliary.pdf. Accessed on May 11, 2009.
- Tse RV, Kim JJ, Hawkins M, et al. Phase I Study of Individualized Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Intrahepatic Cholangenic Sarcoma. J Clin Oncol 2008;Epub Jan 2.Google Scholar
- Wang SJ, Fuller CD, Kim JS, et al. Prediction model for estimating the survival benefit of adjuvant radiotherapy for gallbladder cancer. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26: 2116-2117.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York 2010