∼22,000 cases and 17,000 deaths per year in the U.S. Frequency: hepatocellular carcinoma (most common) > gallbladder cancer > extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma > intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (least common).
KeywordsGallbladder Cancer Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Stage Group Microscopic Residual Disease Extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
- Borghero Y, Crane CH, Szklaruk J, et al. Extrahepatic Bile Duct Adenocarcinoma: Patients at High-Risk for Local Recurrence Treated with Surgery and Adjuvant Chemoradiation Have an Equivalent Overall Survival to Patients with Standard-Risk Treated with Surgery Alone. Ann Surg Oncol 2008;15: 3147-3156.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Cubertafond P, Mathonnet M, Gainant A, et al. Radical Surgery For Gallbladder Cancer. Results of the French Surgical Association Survey. Hepatogastroenerology 1999;46:1567-1571.Google Scholar
- Mornex F, Girarda N, Beziat C, et al. Feasibility and efficacy of high-dose three-dimensional radiotherapy in cirrhotic patients with small-size hepatocellular carcinoma non-eligible for curative therapies – mature results of the French phase II RTF-1 trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2006;66:1152-8.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Hepatobiliary Cancers. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/hepatobiliary.pdf. Accessed on May 11, 2009.
- Tse RV, Kim JJ, Hawkins M, et al. Phase I Study of Individualized Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Intrahepatic Cholangenic Sarcoma. J Clin Oncol 2008;Epub Jan 2.Google Scholar
- Wang SJ, Fuller CD, Kim JS, et al. Prediction model for estimating the survival benefit of adjuvant radiotherapy for gallbladder cancer. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26: 2116-2117.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York 2010