The operational life cycle is the longest life stage in the life cycle of a computer system and also the most important from the perspective of systems management. The job of systems management is to keep the system running smoothly without problems during this life stage.
KeywordsManagement Data Management Information Network Management Management Object Operation Center
- 1.AT&T, History of Network Management, available at URL http://www.corp.att.com/history/nethistory/management.html.
- 2.W. Stallings, SNMP, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 and RMON 1 and 2, Addison-Wesley, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Rose, The Simple Book, Prentice Hall, 1994Google Scholar
- 4.M. Rose and K. McCloghrie, How to Manage your Network using SNMP, Prentice Hall, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Parziale et al., TCP/IP Tutorial and Technical Overview, IBM Redbook 243376, December 2006, Chapter 17, Network Management, http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/redbooks/gg243376.pdf.
- 6.T. Bray et al., XML 1.1 (Second Edition), W3C Recommendation, August 2006. http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml11-20060816/
- 7.K. McCloghrie et al., Textual Conventions for SMIv2, Internet Engineering Task Force Request for Comments 2579, April 1999. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2579.txt
- 8.K. McCloghrie et al., Conformance Statements for SMIV2, Internet Engineering Task Force Request for Comments 2580, April 1999. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2580.txt
- 9.K. McCloghrie et al., Management Information Base for Network Management of TCP/IP-based Internets: MIB-II, Internet Engineering Task Force Request for Comments 1158, March 1991. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1158.txt.
- 10.K. McCloghrie et al., Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2), Internet Engineering Task Force Request for Comments 2578, April 1999. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2578.txt
- 11.G. Booch, J. Rumbaugh, and I. Jacobson, The Unified Modeling Lanuage Reference Manual, Addison-Wesley, July 2004.Google Scholar