Cyber-Physical Systems: A New Frontier
The report of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) has placed cyber-physical systems on the top of the priority list for federal research investment in the United States of America in 2008. This article reviews some of the challenges and promises of cyber-physical systems.
KeywordsStream Data Mining Privacy Preserve Data Mining Programming Abstraction Related Chronic Disease Flight Guidance System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Real-time GENI report. http://www.geni.net/GDD/GDD-06-32.pdf
- NSF Workshops on Cyber Physical Systems. http://varma.ece.cmu.edu/cps/
- FDA, Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff - Radio-Frequency Wireless Technology in Medical Devices, Jan. 2007. http://www.fda.gov:80/cdrh/osel/guidance/1618.html
- Mu Sun, Qixin Wang, and Lui Sha, “Building Reliable MD PnP Systems”, Proceedings of the Joint Workshop on High Confidence Medical Devices, Software, and Systems and Medical Device Plug-and-Play Interoperability, Jun. 2007.Google Scholar
- Qixin Wang, et al., “I-Living: An open system architecture for assisted living,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Oct. 2006, pp. 4268-4275.Google Scholar
- Insup Lee, et al., High-confidence medical device software and systems. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel5/2/33950/01620992.pdf
- Phillip M. Wells, Koushik Chakraborty, and Gurindar S. Sohi, “Adapting to intermittent faults in future multicore systems,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques, Sept. 2007.Google Scholar
- “Health informatics - Point-of-care medical device communication - Part 10101: Nomenclature,” ISO/IEEE 11073-10101, First Edition, Dec. 15, 2004.Google Scholar
- Jungkeun Yoon, Brian D. Noble, Mingyan Liu, Minkyong Kim. “Building realistic mobility models from coarse-grained traces,” In Proceedings of the 4th Annual ACM/USENIX Conference on Mobile Systems Applications, and Services. June 2006.Google Scholar
- Wenbo He, Xue Liu, Hoang Nguyen, Klara Nahrstedt, Tarek Abdelzaher, “PDA: Privacy-preserving Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2007), Anchorage, Alaska, 2007.Google Scholar