Fuzzy Ontology Models Based on Fuzzy Linguistic Variable for Knowledge Management and Information Retrieval
Ontology is the basis of sharing and reusing knowledge on the Semantic Web, and ontology-based semantic retrieval is a hotspot of current research. Fuzzy ontology is an extension of domain ontology for solving the uncertainty problems. To represent fuzzy knowledge more effectively, this paper presents a new series of fuzzy ontology models that consists of fuzzy domain ontology and fuzzy linguistic variable ontologies, considering semantic relationships of concepts, including set relation, order relation, equivalence relation and semantic association relation etc. The process to construct linguistic variables ontology is discussed. Using ontology and RDFS, the knowledge model for product information is created. To achieve semantic retrieval, the semantic query expansion in SeRQL is constructed by semantic relations between fuzzy concepts. The application shows that these models can overcome the localization of other fuzzy ontology models, and this research facilitates the fuzzy knowledge sharing and semantic retrieval on the Semantic Web.
KeywordsMembership Function Information Retrieval Resource Description Framework Semantic Relation Linguistic Variable
- Widyantoro D. H., Yen J., “A fuzzy ontology-based abstract search engine and its user studies”, in: Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Melbourne, Australia, 2001, p. 1291–1294.Google Scholar
- Abulaish M., Dey L., “A fuzzy ontology generation framework for handling uncertainties and nonuniformity in domain knowledge description”, in: Proceedings of 2007 International Conference on Computing: Theory and Applications, Kolkata, 2007, p. 287–293.Google Scholar
- Calegari S., Ciucci D., “Fuzzy ontology and fuzzy-OWL in the KAON project”, in: Proceedings of 2007 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems Conference, London, UK, 2007, p.1–6.Google Scholar
- Jun Zhai, Yan Chen, Qinglian Wang, and Miao Lv, “Fuzzy Ontology Models Using Intuitionistic Fuzzy Set for Knowledge Sharing on the Semantic Web”, in: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD 2008)(volume 1), 2008, IEEE Press, p.465–469.Google Scholar
- Lu X. W., Jiang F., Hou L. W., “Customer features extraction based on customer ontology”, Computer Engineering, vol. 31, no. 5, 2005, p. 31–33. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- John W.T. Lee, Alex K.S. Wong, “Information retrieval based on semantic query on RDF annotated resources”, in Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2004, p. 3220–3225.Google Scholar
- B. V. Aduna, “The SeRQL query language,” http://www.openrdf.org/doc/sesame/users/ch06.html#d0el977, 2002.