Wolf Recovery in the Great Lakes Region: What Have We Learned and Where Will We Go Now?
KeywordsGreat Lake Region Gray Wolf Wolf Population Distinct Population Segment Wolf Management
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Boitani, L. 2003. Wolf conservation and recovery. In Wolves: Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation, eds. L. D. Mech and L. Boitani, pp. 317–340. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Haight, R. C., Travis, L. E., Nimerfro, K., and Mech, L. D. 2002. Computer simulation of wolf-removal strategies for animal damage control. Wildlife Society Bulletin 30:844–852.Google Scholar
- Mech, L. D. 1970. The Wolf: Ecology and Behavior of an Endangered Species. Garden City, NY: Natural History Press.Google Scholar
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources. 2008. Michigan Wolf Management Plan, Wildlife Division Report No. 3484. Lansing, MI: Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Division.Google Scholar
- Nie, M. A. 2003. Beyond Wolves: The Politics of Wolf Recovery and Management. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press.Google Scholar
- Stephenson, R. O., Ballard, W. B., Smith, C. A., and Richardson, K. 1995. Wolf biology and management in Alaska 1981–92. In Ecology and Conservation of Wolves in a Changing World, eds. L. N. Carbyn, S. H. Fritts, and D. R. Seip, pp. 43–54. Edmonton, AB: Canadian Circumpolar Institute.Google Scholar
- U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service. 2008. Final rule designating the Northern Rocky Mountain population of gray wolves as a Distinct Population Segment and removing this Distinct Population Segment from the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Species. Federal Register 73(39):10514–10560.Google Scholar
- Williams, C. K., Ericsson, G., and Heberlein, T. A. 2002. A quantitative summary of attitudes toward wolves and their reintroduction (1972–2000). Wildlife Society Bulletin 30:575–584.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009