The Scientific History
We begin with the man who started it all—still among us—master “bioengineer” John H. Cover of Chula Vista California, and his revolutionary 7-watt TASER CEW.
KeywordsAlternate Current Atmospheric Electricity Electrical Muscle Stimulation Electric Fence Underwriter Laboratory
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Victor [pseud] Appleton,Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle, 1911 Available at www Gutenberg.org/etext/3777Google Scholar
- 2.Resnick, B. and J. Murray, A Guide to TASER Technology: Stun guns, Lies and Videotape, 1997 Whitewater Press, Whitewater, CO 81527Google Scholar
- 3.Meese, E. III, The Attorney General’s Conference on Less Than Lethal Weapons, June, 1986 Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice, NIJ and FBI, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- 4.Dalziel, C.F. and F.P. Massoglia, Let-go currents and voltages, 1956 AIEE Trans., vol. 75, part II, pp. 49–56Google Scholar
- 5.Ferris, L.P., B.G. King, P.W. Spence and H.B. Williams, Effects of Electric Shock on the Heart, May, 1936 Elec. Eng., pp. 495–515Google Scholar
- 6.Electric shock as it Pertains to the Electric Fence, December, 1939 H.B. Whitaker, Bulletin of Research, Underwriters’ Laboratories, Inc., Number 14Google Scholar
- 7.Electric Whaling Apparatus, United States Patent Office, Patent No.8843, March 30, 1852 Dr. Albert Sonnenburg and Philipp Rechten of Bremen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 9.Dalziel, C.F., Study of the Hazards of Impulse Currents, 1953 AIEE Trans.,vol. 72Google Scholar
- 11.Reynolds, T.S. and T. Bernstein, The Damnable Alternating Current, 1976 Proc. IEEE, vol. 64, No. 9, SeptGoogle Scholar
- 12.Stratbucker, R.A. Assessment of Cardiac Hazards in Handheld Electronic Law Enforcement Devices,1986. Proc. 8th Conf. of the IEEE Eng. in Med. Biology, Ft. Worth TX, Nov.Google Scholar
- 13.Stratbucker, R.A. and M.G. Marsh, Relative Immunity of Skin and Card. Vasc. Systems to Stun Gun Electrical Pulses, 1993. Proc.13th Conf. of IEEE E.M.B.S., San Diego CA, Oct.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009