Permeable Organic Biowalls for Remediation Of Perchlorate in Groundwater
Part of the SERDP/ESTCP Environmental Remediation Technology book series (SERDP/ESTCP)
KeywordsTotal Organic Carbon United States Environmental Protection Agency Tree Mulch Perchlorate Concentration Soluble Organic Carbon
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- AFCEE (Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence). 2008. Technical Protocol for Enhanced Anaerobic Bioremediation using Permeable Mulch Biowalls. Prepared by Parsons Infrastructure and Technology Group, Inc., Denver, CO, USA.Google Scholar
- AFCEE, Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center (NFESC), and the Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP). 2004. Principles and Practices of Enhanced Anaerobic Bioremediation of Chlorinated Solvents. Prepared by Parsons Infrastructure & Technology Group, Inc., Denver, CO, USA. http://www.afcee.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-071130-020.pdf. Accessed June 12, 2008.
- Ahmad F. 2007. Personal communication with Bruce Henry, Parsons, Denver, CO, USA.Google Scholar
- CH2M HILL. 2004. Treatability Study Environmental Cleanup Plan for Whiteman Air Force Base, Site DP-32, Disposal Pit; Old Hospital Incinerator. Prepared for Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri. March.Google Scholar
- CH2M HILL. 2006. Draft Remedial Action Effectiveness Report. Prepared for the Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant (NWIRP) McGregor, McGregor TX, USA.Google Scholar
- CH2M HILL. 2007. Response Action Effectiveness Report. Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant, McGregor, TX. Revision No. 02. Prepared for Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Southeast Division. November.Google Scholar
- EnSafe, Inc. 2005. Operation and Maintenance Manual for Biowalls, NWIRP McGregor, McGregor, Texas. Prepared for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command, North Charleston, SC, USA.Google Scholar
- Envirogen, Inc. 2002. In Situ Bioremediation of Perchlorate. Project CU-1163 Final Report. Prepared for the Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP), Arlington, VA, USA. http://www.estcp.org/viewfile.cfm?Doc=CU%2D1163%2DFR%2D01%2Epdf. Accessed June 12, 2008.Google Scholar
- ITRC (Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council). 2005. Technical and Regulatory Guidance Permeable Reactive Barriers: Lessons Learned/New Directions. PRB-4, ITRC Permeable Reactive Barriers Team. February. http://www.itrcweb.org/Documents/PRB-4.pdf. Accessed June 12, 2008.
- Morris K. 2007. Personal communication with Erica Becvar, AFCEE, Brooks City-Base, San Antonio, TX, USA.Google Scholar
- Newell CJ, Rafai HS, Wilson JT, Connor JA, Aziz JA, Suarez MP. 2002. Calculation and use of first-order rate constants for monitored natural attenuation studies. EPA/540/S-02/500. USEPA National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Cincinnati, OH, USA. http://www.epa.gov/ada/download/issue/540S02500.pdf. Accessed February 25, 2008.Google Scholar
- Parsons. 2006. Final Technical Report, Bioreactor Demonstration at Landfill 3, Altus Air Force Base, Oklahoma. Prepared for ESTCP and Altus AFB, OK, USA. November.Google Scholar
- Perlmutter MW, Britto R, Cowan JD, Patel M, Craig M. 2000. Innovative technology: In situ biotreatment of perchlorate-contaminated groundwater. Proceedings 93rd Annual Conference, Air Waste Management Association, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, June 18–22, 2000. CD 00-283 Session #WR-2G, Paper #00-214.Google Scholar
- USEPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency). 1998. Technical Protocol for Evaluating Natural Attenuation of Chlorinated Solvents in Groundwater. EPA/600/R-98/128. National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, USEPA, Cincinnati, OH, USA.Google Scholar
- USEPA. 1999. Field Applications of In Situ Remediation Technologies: Permeable Reactive Barriers. EPA 542-R-99-002. USEPA Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response, Washington, DC, USA. April. http://www.epa.gov/swertio1/download/remed/field-prb.pdf. Accessed June 12, 2008.Google Scholar
- Wice RB, Rogers R, Walters G. 2006. Biowall Design, Installation, and Performance Monitoring at Landfill No. 3, Air Force Plant 4, Fort Worth, TX. Presentation at the 2006 Air Force Symposium, Session #24, February 27.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009