Alternatives For In Situ Bioremediation Of Perchlorate
Part of the SERDP/ESTCP Environmental Remediation Technology book series (SERDP/ESTCP)
KeywordsElectron Donor Injection Well Injection Point Life Cycle Cost Horizontal Well
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- AFCEE (Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence). 2007. Final Protocol for In Situ Bioremediation of Chlorinated Solvents Using Edible Oil. Prepared by Solutions IES, Inc.; Terra Systems, Inc.; and Parsons Corporation. AFCEE, Brooks City-Base, San Antonio, TX, USA. http://www.afcee.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-071203-094. pdf. Accessed September 21, 2008.Google Scholar
- Aziz CE, Hampton MM, Schipper M, Haas P. 2001. Organic mulch biowall treatment of chlorinated solvent-impacted groundwater. In Leeson A, Alleman BC, Alvarez PJ, Magar VS, eds, Bioaugmentation, Biobarriers and Biogeochemistry. Battelle Press, Columbus, OH, USA, pp 73–112.Google Scholar
- Chopra G, Dutta L, Nuttall E, Anderson W, Hatzinger P, Goltz MN. 2005. Investigation of methods to control biofouling during in situ bioremediation. Proceedings, Eighth International In Situ and On-Site Bioremediation Symposium, Baltimore, MD, USA, June 6–9, 2005, paper A-22.Google Scholar
- Coates JD, Michaelidou U, Bruce RA, O'Connor SM, Crespi JN, Achenbach LA. 1999. The ubiquity and diversity of dissimilatory (per)chlorate-reducing bacteria. Appl Environ Microbiol 65:5234–5241.Google Scholar
- Cowan D. 2000. Innovative abatement and remediation of perchlorate at McGregor, Texas weapons plant site. Soil Sediment Groundw 5:25–26.Google Scholar
- Cox EE. 2005. A Review of Biofouling Controls for Enhanced Bioremediation of Groundwater. Prepared for the DoD Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP), Arlington, VA, USA. http://www.estcp.org/Technology/upload/ER-0429-WhtPaper.pdf. Accessed February 4, 2008.
- Cox EE, Edwards E, Neville S. 2000. In situ bioremediation of perchlorate in groundwater. In Urbansky ET, ed, Perchlorate in the Environment. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York, NY, USA, pp 231–240.Google Scholar
- Craig M, Jacobs A, Britto R. 2006. Biological PRB application expanded to accelerate perchlorate degradation in groundwater. EPA 542-N-06-004. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Solid Waste and Emergency Response, Cincinnati, OH, USA.Google Scholar
- Flowers TC, Hunt JR. 2007. Viscous and gravitational contributions to mixing during vertical brine transport in water-saturated porous media. Water Resour Res 43, WO1407, doi:10.1029/2005WR004773.Google Scholar
- Hatzinger PB, Diebold J, Yates CA, Cramer RJ. 2006. Field demonstration of in situ perchlorate bioremediation in groundwater. In Gu B, Coates JC, eds, Perchlorate: Environmental Occurrence, Interactions, and Treatment. Springer, New York, NY, USA, pp 311–341.Google Scholar
- ITRC (Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council). 2005. Permeable reactive barriers: Lessons learned/new directions. PRB-4. ITRC, Permeable Reactive Barriers Team. Washington, DC, USA.Google Scholar
- Parr JF, Goltz MN, Huang JQ, Hatzinger PB, Farhan YH. 2003. Modeling in situ bioremediation of perchlorate-contaminated groundwater. Proceedings, Seventh International In Situ and On Site Bioremediation Symposium. Orlando, FL, USA, June 2–5, 2003, paper C-07.Google Scholar
- Parsons. 2004. Principles and Practices of Enhnaced Anaerobic Bioremediation of Chlorinated Solvents. Prepared for the AFCEE, Brooks City-Base, TX, USA; Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center, Port Hueneme, CA, USA; DoD ESTCP, Arlington, VA, USA. http://www.afcee.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-071130-020.pdf. Accessed September 21, 2008.
- Suthersan SS, Lutes CC, Palmer PL, Lenzo F, Payne FC, Liles DS, Burdick J. 2002. Technical Protocol for Using Soluble Carbohydrates to Enhance Reductive Dechlorination of Chlorinated Aliphatic Hydrocarbons. Prepared for the AFCEE, Brooks City-Base, San Antonio TX, USA, and ESTCP, Arlington, VA, USA. http://www.estcp.org/Technology/ upload/CU-9920-PR-01.pdf. Accessed February 4, 2008.Google Scholar
- USACE (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers). 2003. Conceptual Site Models for Ordnance and Explosives (OE) and Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste (HTRW) Projects. Pub. No. EM 1110-1-1200. USACE, Washington, DC, USA. http://www.usace.army.mil/publications/eng-manuals/em1110-1-1200/toc.htm. Accessed February 4, 2008.
- USEPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency). 2005. Perchlorate Treatment Technology Update: Federal Facilities Forum Issue Paper. EPA 542-R-05-015. USEPA, Solid Waste and Emergency Response, Washington, DC, USA. http://www.epa.gov/tio/download/remed/542-r-05-015.pdf. Accessed February 4, 2008.
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009