The Influence of Water on the Weathering of Automotive Paint Systems
KeywordsFracture Energy Water Spray Paint System Outdoor Exposure Mass Uptake
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Gerlock, J.L., Smith, C.A., Nichols, M.E., Tardiff, J.L., Kaberline, S.L., Prater, T.J., Carter, R.O. III, Dusbiber, T.G., Cooper, V.A., and Misovski, T., Proc. 2nd Conference on Service Life Prediction of Organic Coatings, Monterey, CA, ACS, Washington, D.C., November 1999.Google Scholar
- (2).Gerlock, J.L, Smith, C.A., Nunez, E.M., Cooper, V.A., Liscombe, P., Cummings, D.R., and Dusibiber, T.G., in “Polymer Durability,” Clough, R.L., Billingham, N.C., and Gillen, K.T. (Eds.), ACS Advances in Chemistry Series 249, Washington, D.C., p 335, 1996.Google Scholar
- (9).Perera, D.Y. and Eynde, D.V., “Moisture and Temperature Induced Stresses (Hygrothermal Stresses) in Organic Coatings,” J. Coat. Technol., 59, No. 748, 55 (1987).Google Scholar
- (12).Gerlock, J.L., Kucherov, A.V. and Nichols, M.E., “On the Combined Use of UVA, HALS, Photooxidation, and Fracture Energy Measurements to Anticipate the Long-Term Weathering Performance of Clearcoat/Basecoat Automotive Paint Systems,” J. Coat. Technol., 73, No. 918, 45- 44 (2001).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- (13).ASTM G90-05 Practice for Performing Accelerated Outdoor Weathering of Nonmetallic Materials Using Concentrated Natural Sunlight. 2005 Annual Book of ASTM Standards, vol. 14.02, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, 2005.Google Scholar
- (14).Hardcastle, H.K., in Natural and Artificial Aging of Polymers, Reichert, T. (Ed.), Gesellschaft fur Umweltsimuation e.V. GUS, Pfinztal, Germany, 2004.Google Scholar
- (15).Nichols, M.E. and Tardiff, J.L., Proc. 2nd Conference on Service Life Prediction of Organic Coatings, Monterey, CA, ACS, Washington D.C., November, 1999.Google Scholar
- (16).US Patent # US6906857 B2.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009