Degradation of Polypropylene Filament Under Elevated Temperature and High Oxygen Pressure
KeywordsTensile Strength Service Life Oxygen Pressure High Density Polyethylene Master Curve
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Grassie, N. and Scott, G., Polymer Degradation and Stabilisation, Cambridge University Press, England, p. 222, 1985.Google Scholar
- (2).Billingham, N.C. and Calvert, P.D., Chapter 5: “The Physical Chemistry of Oxidation and Stabilization of Polyolefins,” in Developments in Polymer Stabilization, 3rd Ed., Scott, G. (Ed.), Applied Science Publishers, London, p.139, 1980.Google Scholar
- (5).Hsuan, Y.G. and Guan, Z., “Antioxidant Depletion During Thermal Oxidation of High Density Polyethylene Geomembranes,” Proc. Sixth International Conference on Geosynthetics, Atlanta, GA, p. 375-380, 1998.Google Scholar
- (7).Salman, A., Elias, V., and DiMillio, A., “The Effect of Oxygen Pressure, Temperature and Manufacturing Process on Laboratory Degradation of Polypropylene Geosynthetics,” Proc. Sixth International Conference on Geosynthetics, Atlanta, GA, p. 683- 690, 1998.Google Scholar
- (8).Schroeder, H.F., Bahr, H., Herrmann, P., Kneip, G., Lorenz, E., and Schmuecking, I., “Durability of Polyolefin Geosynthetics under Elevated Oxygen Pressure in Aqueous Liquids." Proc. 2nd European Geosynthetics Conference(EuroGeo 2), Italy, p. 459-464, 2000.Google Scholar
- (13).Ding, S., Ling, M.T.K., Khare, A., and Woo, L., “Activation Energies of Polymer Degradation,” in Plastics Failure—Analysis and Prevention, Moalli, J. (Ed.), William Andrew Publishing/Plastics Design Library, p. 219-225, 2001.Google Scholar
- (14).Gillen, K.T., Clough, R.L., and Wise, J., “Prediction of Elastomer Lifetimes from Accelerated Thermal-Aging Experiments,” Polymer Durability, ACS, p. 557-575 (1999).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009