Numerical Simulation for the Hopf Bifurcation in TCP Systems
In this paper, an Internet model with one route, one resource, and a nonadaptive user and round-trip continuous distributed delay has been studied. We have shown that a Hopf bifurcation occurs in such a model, yielding a family of periodic orbits bifurcating out from the network equilibrium. A simulation is given to verify the theoretical analysis.
KeywordsPeriodic Solution Periodic Orbit Hopf Bifurcation Congestion Control Network Equilibrium
Results paper within the research project CEEX P-CD, code CEEX-M1-C2–505/2006–2008.
- 4.Mircea G, Neamtu M, Opris D (2003) Dynamical systems in economics, mechanics, biology described by differential equations with time delay. Mirton Publishing House, TimisoaraGoogle Scholar
- 5.Mircea G, Neamtu M, Opris D (2004) Hopf bifurcations for dynamical systems with time delay and application. Mirton Publishing House, TimisoaraGoogle Scholar
- 6.Mircea G, Neamtu M, Opris D (2004) Systems of harmonic oscillators with time delay and applications. In: 5th international conference on nonlinear problems in aviation and aerospace ICNPAA 2004. Cambridge Scientific Publishers Ltd., proceedings of ICNPAA 2004, pp 475–485Google Scholar
- 7.Mircea G, Opris D (2004) Nonlinear effects in a discrete-delay dynamic model for a stock market. In: 8th international congress on insurance: mathematics and economics, Rome, pp 506–517Google Scholar
- 8.Mircea G, Muntean M (2004) Nonlinear analysis of network traffic. In: The Central and East European conference on business information systems 2004, Cluj-Napoca, Risoprint Publishing House, pp 587–602Google Scholar
- 9.Voicu M, Mircea G (2005) Algorithms for exploiting multidimensional databases. WSEAS Trans Inf Sci Appl 2(12):2176–2183Google Scholar