Management with Sales Risk
Management Game/Strategic View
Part of the International Series in Operations Research & Management Science book series (ISOR, volume 125)
In modern enterprises, there are market (outside) and operational (inside) risks for management. The main risk factors of a market are price, quantity, quality, and speed of products.
KeywordsMutual Information Lead Time Game Form Management Design Price Setting
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ashby, W.R., Introduction to Cybernetics, Chapman &Hall, London, 1956Google Scholar
- 2.Attneave, F., Applications of Information Theory to Psychology, Holt, Rinehart and Winston, Inc., NY, 1959Google Scholar
- 3.Cox, D.R. and Smith, W.L., Queues, Chapnan &Hall, London, 1961Google Scholar
- 5.Eliashberg, J. and Steinberg, R., Marketing-Production Joint Decision-Making, In: J. Elishberq and G.L. Lilien (eds.), Marketing, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1993Google Scholar
- 6.Follet, M.P., Freedom & Coordination –Lecture in Business Organization, L.H. Urwick (ed.), Pitman Publishing, London, 1949Google Scholar
- 7.Goldratt, E.M., The Goal – A Process of Ongoing Improvement, North River Press, MA, 1984Google Scholar
- 8.Lasdon, L.S., Optimization Theory for Large Systems, Macmillan, New York, 1970Google Scholar
- 9.Matsui, M., A Note on Entropy of Erlang Distribution, The Keiei-Kogaku (Industrial Engineering), Hiroshima University, Japan, 19(2), 67–75, 1971 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 10.Matsui, M., A Game-Theoretic Consideration of Order-Selection and Switch-Over Policy, Preprints of Japan Industrial Management Association, Fall Meeting, 48–49, 1983 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Matsui, M., On a Joint Policy of Order-Selection and Switch-Over, Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 39(2), 83–87, 1988 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 12.Matsui, M., An Optimal Design Problem of Production and Queueing Systems, Symposium on Performance Models for Information Communication Networks, Hakone, Japan, 77–85, 1994 (in Japanese); Optimal Economic Design of Production and Queueing Systems, Abstracts of APORS’94, Fukuoka, Japan, 266, 1994Google Scholar
- 13.Matsui, M., A Management Game Model: Economic Traffic, Leadtime and Pricing Setting, Journal of Industrial Management Association, 53(1), 1–9, 2002Google Scholar
- 14.Shannon, C.E. and Weaver, W., The Mathematical Theory of Communication, The University of Illinois Press, Urbana, 1964Google Scholar
- 15.Suzuki, M., An Introduction to Game Theory, Kyouritsu Shuppan, Tokyo, Japan, 1981 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 16.Taylor, F.W., Scientific Management, Harper &Row, NY, 1911Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009