Flexible manufacturing systems (FMSs) are networks of production systems that are linked by material handling systems (MHSs) that are controlled by a computer. The performance evaluation of FMSs with infinite local buffers was first presented by Solberg .
KeywordsService Rate Flexible Manufacture System System Throughput Dynamic Type Material Handling System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Buzacott, J.A. and Shanthikumar, J.G., Stochastic Models of Manufacturing Systems, Prentice Hall, NY, 1996Google Scholar
- 5.Seidmann, A., Optimal Dynamic Routing in Flexible Manufacturing Systems with Limited Buffers, Annals of Operations Research, 15, 291–311, 1986Google Scholar
- 7.Solberg, J.J., A Mathematical Model of Computerized Manufacturing Systems, 4th International Conference on Production Research, (ICPR), Tokyo, Japan, 22–30, 1997Google Scholar
- 9.Tetzlaff, U.A.W., Optimal Design of Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1990Google Scholar
- 10.Uehara, S. and Matsui, M., The Performance Evaluation of Flexible Manufacturing Systems with Finite Local Buffers and Its Design Problem, Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 45(5), 464–471, 1994 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Uehara, S. and Matsui, M., The Performance Evaluation of Flexible Manufacturing Systems with Dynamic Routing and Its Optimal System Configurations, Journal of Japan Industrial Management Association, 47(2), 126–134, 1996 (in Japanese)Google Scholar