Information Technology Governance
In Chapter 1 the concept of Corporate Governance was introduced, and it was indicated that Information Technology Governance (ITG) is a very important component or subset of Corporate Governance. In this chapter ITG will be investigated in more detail.
What is IT Governance?
ITG is the responsibility of the Board of Directors and Executive Management. It is an integral part of enterprise (corporate) Governance and consists of the leadership and organisational structures and processes that ensure that the organisation's IT sustains and extends the organisation's strategies and objectives .
From the quote above, it is clear that accountability and responsibility for IT Governance rests with the Board of Directors and Executive Management.
The Board of Directors of my company is well aware of its role to oversee...
KeywordsRisk Management Corporate Governance Executive Management Information Asset Internal Attack
- 1.Board Briefing on IT Governance (2003). 2nd Edition. IT Governance Institute. Available from ISACA www.isaca.org
- 2.Information Security Management and Assurance – A Call to Action for Corporate Governance (1997). Available from http://www.theiia.org/download.cfm?file=22398. Accessed 2 April 2008
- 3.Information Risks: Whose Business are They? (2005). IT Governance Institute. Available from ISACA www.isaca.org
- 4.Information Security Governance – It’s your Responsibility (2005). Available from http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/UK_TA_Infosecurity_2005.pdf. Accessed 2 April 2008
- 5.COBIT (2005). Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology. Available from ISACA. www.isaca.org