Issues in Evaluating Equity
KeywordsSocial Justice Relevant Difference Procedural Justice Policy Goal Health Inequity
- Aristotle.(350 B.C., 2000). Nicomachean ethics, book 5, chapter 3 (W.D. Ross, Trans., Vol. 2007). Adelaide: Adelaide Library eBooks @ Adelaide.Google Scholar
- Beauchamp, T. L., & Childress, J. F. (2001). Justice. In Principles of biomedical ethics (5th ed., pp. 225–282). Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Braveman, P. (1998). Monitoring equity in health: A policy-oriented approach in low- and middle-income countries. Equity initiative paper No. 3 (No. WHO/CHS/HSS/98.1). Geneva: World Health Organization Department of Health Systems.Google Scholar
- Daniels, N. (1985). Just health care. New York: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Daniels, N., & Sabin, J. E. (2002). Accountability for reasonableness. In Setting limits fairly; Can we learn to share medical resources? (pp. 43–66). New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Gutmann, A., & Thompson, D. (2002). Just deliberation about health care. In M. Danis, C. Clancy, & L. R. Churchill (Eds.), Ethical dimensions of health policy (pp. 77–96). New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Mills, C. (1998). Equity and health: Key issues and WHO’s role. Equity initiative paper No. 5 (No. WHO/CHS/HSS/98.3). Geneva: World Health Organization.Google Scholar
- Nozick, R. (1974). Anarchy, state, and utopia. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Rawls, J. (1971). A theory of justice. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Sen, A. (1992). Inequality reexamined. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- United Nations Economic and Social Council, & Committee on Economic Social and Cultural Rights (CESCR). (2000). General comment No. 14: The right to the highest attainable standard of health (Available at: http://www.unhchr.ch/tbs/doc.nsf/(symbol)/E.C.12.2000.4. En?OpenDocument).
- Williams, A., & Cookson, R. (2000). Equity in health. In A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (Eds.), Handbook of health economics (pp. 1863–1910). New York: Elsevier Science.Google Scholar
- World Health Organization. (2005). Glossary of globalization, trade, and health terms: Equity. (http://www.who.int/trade/glossary/en): World Health Organization.
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008