Further steps on CN reference modeling
Establishing a reference model for Collaborative Networks is a long-term endeavor. The ARCON proposal is a first contribution for a comprehensive model but it needs to be continued and improved. A set of guidelines for an evolution process are defined and potential participants in this process are identified.
KeywordsReference Model Enterprise Architecture Virtual Organization Collaborative Network Virtual Enterprise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bernus, P., Nemes, L., Williams, T.J. (Editors) (1995). Architectures for Enterprise Integration; Findings of the IFAC/IFIP Task Force on Architectures for Enterprise Integration, Chapman & Hall, November 1995Google Scholar
- 2.Camarinha-Matos, L. M.; Afsarmanesh, H. (2006). Towards a reference model for collaborative networked organizations. In Proceedings of BASYS’07, Information Technology for Balanced Manufacturing Systems (W. Shen, Ed.) (Springer), Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, 4-6 Sep 2006. IFIP Series, Vol. 220, ISBN: 0-387-36590-7.Google Scholar
- 3.Camarinha-Matos, L. M.; Afsarmanesh, H. (2007). A comprehensive modeling framework for collaborative networked organizations, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Volume 18, Number 5 / October, 2007, pp 527-615. Google Scholar
- 4.FEA (2005). FEA Consolidated Reference Model, May 2005, http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/egov/documents/CRM.PDF
- 5.Noran, O. (2003). A mapping of individual architecture frameworks (GRAI, PERA, C4ISR, CIMOSA, ZACHMAN, ARIS) onto GERAM, in Handbook on enterprise architecture, P. Bernus, L. Nemes, G. Schmidt (Ed.s), Springer.Google Scholar
- 6.Vernadat, F., Kosanke, K. (1992). CIM-OSA: A Reference Architecture for CIM. In Proceedings of the IFIP TC5 / WG5.3 Eight International PROLAMAT Conference on Human Aspects in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, IFIP Transactions; Vol. B-3, pp 41-48, (North-Holland).Google Scholar
- 8.Zachman, J. A. (1987). A Framework for Information Systems Architecture. IBM Systems Journal, vol. 26, no. 3.Google Scholar