Part of the Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology book series (RECT, volume 197)
Onsite Testing for Arsenic: Field Test Kits
KeywordsInductively Couple Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometry Arsenic Concentration Electrochemical Sensor Arsenic Species Arsenic Content
- Abbgy A, Kelly T, Lawrie C, Riggs K (2002) NanoBand Explorer Portable water Analyzer. ETV Report. http://www.epa.gov/etv/pdfs/vrvs/01_vr_nano-band.pdf
- BRAC: Combating a Deadly Menace (2000) Early Experiments with a Community-based Arsenic Mitigation Project, Bangladesh. Research Monograph Ser. No. 16, Dhaka, Bangladesh.Google Scholar
- Cavicchioli A, La Scalea MA, Gutz IGR (2004) Analysis and speciation of traces of arsenic in environmental food and industrial samples by voltammetry: a review. Electrophoresis 16:697–711.Google Scholar
- CCME (Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment) (2003) Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines. http://www.ccme.ca/publications/pubs_updates.html.
- Chowdhury AQ (2002) International Workshop on Arsenic Mitigation. Local Government Division, Ministry of Local Government, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Jan. 14–16, 2002.Google Scholar
- Deshpande LS, Pande SP (2005) Development of arsenic testing field kit: a tool for rapid on-site screening of arsenic contaminated water sources. Environ Monit Assess 101:93–101.Google Scholar
- DPHE-UNICEF (2001) Monthly Progress Report. Dhaka, Bangladesh, Dec. 2001.Google Scholar
- Dräger Safety (2006) In: AFC International, Inc. Your Gas Detection Instrumentation http://www.afcintl.com/pdf/draeger/CH25001.pdf
- ESCAP–UNICEF–WHO (2001) Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Geology and Health: Solving the Arsenic Crisis in the Asia Pacific Region: ESCAP–UNICEF–WHO Expert Group Meeting, Bangkok, May 2–4, 2001.Google Scholar
- Fact Sheet 12 on Arsenic (2002) A Disaster. Forum Publishing, Dhaka, Bangladesh.Google Scholar
- Gastec Corporations (2007) http://www.zefon.com/analytical/download/19la.pdf.
- Gutzeit H (1891) Pharm Zeitung 36:748–756.Google Scholar
- Krupp EM, Johnson C, Rechsteiner C, Moir M, Leong D, Feldmann J (2007) Investigation into the determination of trimethylarsine in natural gas and its partitioning into gas and condensate phases using (cryotrapping)/gas chromatography coupled to inductively-coupled plasma mass spectrometry and liquid/solid sorption techniques. Spectrochim Acta B 62:970–977.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Jalil MA, Feroz AM (2003) Arsenic detection and measurements by field test kits. In: Feroz AM (ed) Arsenic Contamination: Bangladesh Perspectives. ITN-Bangladesh, Center for Water Supply and Waste Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh, p. 442.Google Scholar
- MTI Diagnostic (2005) Evaluation of the MTI OVA 5000 for continuous arsenic monitoring at the Vineland Chemical Company Superfund site. http://www.mtidiagnstics.com/case_studies.html.
- National Food Authority (1993) Australian Food Standard Code. Australian Government Publication Service, Canberra.Google Scholar
- NGO Forum for Drinking Water Supply and Sanitation (2002) Dhaka, Bangladesh, Jan. 2002.Google Scholar
- NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (1994) Manual of Analytical Methods (NMAM®), Schlecht PC, O'Connor PF (eds) 4th Ed. DHHS (NIOSH) Publication 94-113, August, 1994.Google Scholar
- Raham MM, Fujinaga K, Seike Y, Okumura M (2004) A simple in situ visual and tristimulus colorimetric method for the determination of trace arsenic in environmental water after its collection on a mercury(II)-impregnated paper. Anal Sci 20(1):165–170.Google Scholar
- Rahman MM, Mukherjee D, Sengupta MK, Chowdhury UK, Lodh D, Chanda CR, Roy S, Selim M, Quamruzzaman Q, Milton AH, Shahidullah SM, Rahman MT, Chakraborti D (2002) Effectiveness and reliability of arsenic field testing kits: are the million dollar screening projects effective or not? Environ Sci Technol 6(24):5385–5394.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Rowe JJ, Fournier RO, Morey GW (1973) Chemical analysis of thermal waters in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, 1960–1965. Geol Surv Bull (US) 1973:1303–1334.Google Scholar
- Spear JM, Zhou Y, Cole CA, Xie YFF (2006) Evaluation of arsenic test kits for drinking water analysis. J Am Water Works Assoc 98(12):97–105.Google Scholar
- USDA (2006) Foreign Agricultural Service Global Agriculture Information Network Report CH6064. China Peoples Republic: of FAIRS Product Specific Maximum Levels of Contaminants in Foods.Google Scholar
- US EPA (2006) ETV Joint Verification Statement (US EPA, Battelle). Arsenic Test Kits. http://www.epa.gov/etv/verifications/vcenter1-21.html.
- Visser WJF (1993) Contaminated land policies in some industrialized countries. TCB R02, Technische Commissie Bodembescherrning, Den Haag.Google Scholar
- WHO (1993) Arsenic in Drinking Water. Committee on Toxicology, Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology, Commission on Life Sciences. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009