Promoting Treatment Adherence Using Motivational Interviewing: Guidelines and Tools
KeywordsMotivational Interview Target Behavior Motivational Interview Change Plan Patient Resistance
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Carroll, K. M. (1997). Manual-guided psychosocial treatment. A new virtual requirement for pharmacotherapy trials? Archives General Psychiatry, 54(10), 923–928.Google Scholar
- Golin, C. E., Earp, J., Tien, H.-C., Stewart, P., Porter, C., & Howie, L. (2006). A 2-arm, randomized, controlled trial of a Motivational Interviewing-based intervention to improve adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) among patients failing or initiating ART. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 42(1), 42–51.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Haynes, R. B., Yao, X., Degani, A., Kripalani, S., Garg, A., & McDonald, H. P. (2005). Interventions for enhancing medication adherence. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 4 (CD000011).Google Scholar
- Levensky, E. R., & O’Donohue, W. T. (2006). Patient adherence and nonadherence to treatments: An overview for health care providers. In Promoting Treatment Adherence. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- Meichenbaum, D., & Turk, D. C. (1987). Facilitating treatment adherence: A practitioner’s guidebook. New York: Plenum.Google Scholar
- Miller, N. H., Hill, M., Kottke, T., & Ockene, I. S. (1997). The multilevel compliance challenge: recommendations for a call to action. A statement for healthcare professionals [Electronic Version]. Circulation, 95, 1085–1090. Retrieved Feb 18 from http://circ.ahajournals.org/ cgi/content/full/95/4/1085.
- Miller, W. R., & C’de Baca, J. (2001). Quantum change: When epiphanies and sudden insights transform ordinary lives. New York: Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- Miller, W. R. (2004). Motivational interviewing in the service of health promotion. Art of Health Promotion in American Journal of Health Promotion, 18(3), 1–10.Google Scholar
- Miller, W. R., & Rollnick, S. (2002). Motivational interviewing: Preparing people for change (2nd ed.) New York: Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- O’Donohue, W.T., & Levensky, E.R., Ed. (2006). Promoting treatment adherence: A practical handbook for health care providers. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- Rollnick, S., Mason, P., & Butler, C. (1999). Health behavior change: A guide for practitioners. New York: Churchill Livingstone.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008