State Telecom Sectors Offer Attractive Labs for Studying Politics, Law, and Economics
Part of the Studies in Public Choice book series (SIPC, volume 14)
KeywordsFederal Communication Commission Democratic Institution Campaign Contribution Democratic Governance Campaign Finance
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Brock, Gerald W. (1994). Telecommunications Policy for the Information Age. Cambridge and London: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Che, Yeon-Koo and Ian Gale (1998). Caps on political lobbying. American Economic Review, 88, 643–651.Google Scholar
- Council of State Governments (1999). The Book of the States, 1998–99 Edition, Volume 32. Lexington, KY: Council of State Governments.Google Scholar
- Crandall, Robert W., Allan T. Ingraham, and Hal J. Singer (2003). Do unbundling policies discourage CLEC facilities-based investment? http://ssrn.com/abstract=387421. Accessed 12 March 2003.
- Dreazen, Yochi J. and Shawn Young (2003). FCC plans to erase a key rule aiding local phone competition. Wall Street Journal, January 6, A1, A4.Google Scholar
- Harris, Robert G. and C. Jeffrey Kraft (1997). Meddling through: Regulating local telephone competition in the United States. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 11, 93–112.Google Scholar
- Jorde, Thomas M., J. Gregory Sidak, and David J. Teece (2000). Innovation, investment and unbundling. Yale Journal on Regulation, 17(1), 1–37.Google Scholar
- MacAvoy, Paul W. and J. Gregory Sidak (2000). What is wrong with American telecommunications? In J. Gregory Sidak, Christoph Engel, and Guenter Knieps (Eds.) Competition and regulation in telecommunications: Examining Germany and America, (pp. 69–77). Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Parsons, Steve G. (1996). The economic necessity of an increased subscriber line charge (SLC) in telecommunications. Administrative Law Review, 48, 227–250.Google Scholar
- Pindyck, Robert S. (2003). Mandatory unbundling and irreversible investment in telecom networks. MIT Sloan School of Management Working Paper 4452–03 (December).Google Scholar
- Pociask, Stephen B. (2003). The effect of bargain wholesale prices on local telephone competition: Does helping competitors help consumers? Sponsored Working Paper, TeleNomic Research, LLC. http://www.telenomic.com. Accessed 2005 March 8.
- Squeo, Anne Marie and Shawn Young (2004). Court overturns rules governing local telephone competition. Wall Street Journal, March 3, A1, A12.Google Scholar
- Zearfoss, Nancy (1998). The structure of state utility commissions and protection of the captive ratepayer: Is there a connection? National Regulatory Research Institute Working Paper 98–14.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009