Venture Capitalist's Role in Choosing Entrepreneurs: A Study of Indian Biotechnology Industry
Part of the International Studies in Entrepreneurship book series (ISEN, volume 19)
KeywordsGross Domestic Product Venture Capital Biotechnology Industry Venture Capital Investing Venture Capital Funding
- Aldrich, H. and Auster, E. (1990). Even dwarfs started small: Liabilities of age and size and their strategic implications. In Staw, B. and Cummings, L., editors, The Evolution and Adaptation of Organizations, pages 33–66. Greenwich, Conn.: JAI Press.Google Scholar
- Anderson, P. (1999). Venture capital dynamics and the creation of variation through entrepreneur-ship. In Baum, A. and Mckelvey, B., editors, Variations in Organizational Science. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA.Google Scholar
- Bowonder, B. and Mani, S. (2004). Venture capital and value added support for new technology-based enterprises: The Indian experience. In Bartzokas, A. and Mani, S., editors, Financial Systems, Corporate Investment in Innovation and Venture Capital, pages 117–158. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, US: Edward Elgar.Google Scholar
- Ernst and Young (2004). Biotechnology. source: www.ibef.org, accessed on January 2006.
- Greene, W. H. (2001). Econometric Analysis. Macmillan, New York.Google Scholar
- Kathuria, V. and Tewari, V. (2004). Venture capitalists and biotech sector - discovering the potential. The Hindu-Business Line.Google Scholar
- Mani, S. (2006). A review of the issues with respect to India's national system of innovation. source: http://globelics.org/downloads/BRICS+workshop06/India_Mani_paper.pdf accessed on May 2006.
- Peng, M. W. (2000). Business Strategies in Transition Economies. Sage Publications.Google Scholar
- Powell, W. and Brantley, P. (1992). Competitive cooperation in biotechnology: Learning through networks? In Nohria, N. and Eccles, R., editors, Networks and Organizations: Structure, Form and Action, pages 366–394. HBS Press, Boston.Google Scholar
- Sitkin, S. B. and Pablo, A. (1992). Reconceptualizing the determinants of risk behavior. Academy of Management Review, 17:9–39.Google Scholar
- Stinchcombe, A. L. (1965). Social structure and organizations. In G. J., editor, Handbook of Organizations, pages 142–193. Chicago: Rand McNally.Google Scholar
- TSJ Media (2004). Source: http://tsjmedia.com/India-Annual-2004.htm. Accessed in March 2005.
© Springer Science + Business Media, LLC 2008