Effects of Experience on Brain Development
KeywordsBrain Development Verbal Memory Enrich Environment Maternal Separation Musical Training
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Edwards HE, Dortok D, Tam J, Won D, Burnham WM. Prenatal stress alters seizure thresholds and the development of kindled seizures in infant and adult rats. Horm Behav 2002 December;42(4):437–47.Google Scholar
- Gaser C, Schlaug, G. Brain structures differ between musicians and non musicians. J Neurosci 2003 October 8;23(27):9240–5.Google Scholar
- Harlow HF, Dodsworth RO, Harlow MK. Total social isolation in monkeys. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1965.Google Scholar
- Judge S. Developmental recovery and deficit in children adopted from Eastern European orphanages. Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 2003 Fall;34(1):49–62.Google Scholar
- Luthar SS. Resilience at an early age and its impact on child psychosocial development. In: Tremblay RE, Barr RG, Peters RDeV, eds. Encyclopedia on Early Childhood Development [online]. Montreal, Quebec: Centre of Excellence for Early Childhood Development; 2005:1–6.Google Scholar
- Miller WB, Feldman SS, Pasta DJ. The effect of the nurturant bonding system on child security of attachment and dependency. Soc Biol 2002 Fall–Winter;49(3–4):125–59.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008