Current Status of the Photographic Meteoroid Orbits Database and a Call for Contributions to a New Version
- 635 Downloads
A central depository for meteor orbits obtained by photographic techniques, as a part of the IAU Meteor Data Center, was moved to the Astronomical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava in 2001. The current version of the catalogue contains data on 4581 meteor orbits obtained by 17 different stations or groups from the period 1936 to 1996. Since 1996 a few huge campaigns were organised including very successful Leonids and Perseids. That is why we would prepare a new more complete version of the database. The main aim of this paper is a call to the observers of meteors having new or recalculated/remeasured data on photographic meteors to send them to the MDC, where after a check and consultations with the observer, the orbits will be included in the database.
KeywordsAstronomical databases Photographic meteor orbits
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Z. Kanuchova, J. Svoren, Contrib Astron Obs Skalnate Pleso 36, 181–193 (2006)Google Scholar
- P. Koten, P. Spurny, J. Borovicka, R. Stork, Publ Astron Inst Sci Czech Rep. 91, 1–32 (2003)Google Scholar
- B.A. Lindblad, in Interplanetary Matter, Proc 10th ERAM., eds. by Z. Ceplecha, P. Pecina (Astron Inst Czechosl Acad Sci, Prague, 1987), pp. 201–204Google Scholar
- B.A. Linbdlad, in Meteoroids 2001 Conf. ESA Publ Div, ed. by B. Warmbein, (ESTEC, Noordwijk, ESA SP-495), pp. 71–72Google Scholar
- J. Svoren, Z. Kanuchova, Contrib Astron Obs Skalnate Pleso 35, 199–220 (2005)Google Scholar