In this paper we present the Experiment Dashboard monitoring system, which is currently in use by four Large Hadron Collider (LHC)  experiments. The goal of the Experiment Dashboard is to monitor the activities of the LHC experiments on the distributed infrastructure, providing monitoring data from the virtual organization (VO) and user perspectives. The LHC experiments are using various Grid infrastructures (LCG  EGEE , OSG , NDGF ) with correspondingly various middleware flavors and job submission methods. Providing a uniform and complete view of various activities like job processing, data movement and publishing, access to distributed databases regardless of the underlying Grid flavor is the challenging task. In this paper we will describe the Experiment Dashboard concept, its framework and main monitoring applications.
KeywordsLarge Hadron Collider Virtual Organization Monitoring Application Grid Infrastructure Resource Broker
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.LHC home page, http://lhc.web.cern.ch/lhc/
- 2.The LCG Editorial Board, “LHC Computing Grid Technical Design Report”, LCG-TDR-001, CERN-LHCC-2005-024, June 2005Google Scholar
- 3.Enabling Grid for E-sciencE (EGEE), http://www.cern.ch/egee
- 4.Open Science Grid (OSG) Web Page, http://www.opensciencegrid.org/http://www.opensciencegrid.org/
- 5.Nordic Data Grid Facility (NDGF) Web Page, http://www.ndgf.org/
- 6.R. Rocha et al., “Monitoring the Atlas Distributed data Management System”, Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP07), September 2007, Victoria (Canada)Google Scholar
- 7.R-GMA home page, http://www.r-gma.org/
- 8.Imperial College Real Time Monitor home page, http://gridportal.hep.ph.ic.uk/rtm/
- 9.GridIce home page, http://gridice.forge.cnaf.infn.it//
- 10.Monitoring Agents Using a Large Integrated Services (MonALISA), http://monalisa.cern. ch/monalisa.html
- 11.VLEMED virtual organization. http://www.vl-e.com.
- 12.P. Saiz et al., “Grid reliability”, Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP07), September 2007, Victoria (Canada)Google Scholar
- 13.S. Campana et al., “Experience with the gLite Workload Management System in ATLAS Monte Carlo Production on LCG, Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP07), September 2007, Victoria (Canada)Google Scholar
- 14.J. Hernandez Calama et al., “CMS Monte Carlo production in the WLCG Computing Grid”, Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP07), September 2007, Victoria (Canada)Google Scholar
- 15.Condor-g home page, http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/condorg/
- 16.SAM home page, http://sam-docs.web.cern.ch/sam-docs/