AVS-M: Mobile Video Standard
AVS-M standard is the seventh part of the standards developed by the Audio Video Coding Standard (AVS) Workgroup of China with focusing on video coding for mobility systems and devices with limited computation capability and power consumption. AVS-M standard can cover a broad range of applications including mobile multimedia broadcasting, IP multimedia subsystem (IMS), multimedia mailing, multimedia services over packet networks, video conferencing, video phone, and video surveillance.
AVS Workgroup was authorized and established by Science and Technology Department under Ministry of Information Industry of China in June, 2002. To meet the requirement of information industry and realize the union of the native enterprises and research institutions, the mandate of the group is to establish (or edit) such general technical standards as the compression, decoding, processing, and the representation of digital audio—video and meanwhile provide the digital audio— video...
KeywordsVideo Sequence Motion Vector Intra Prediction Reference Picture Current Picture
- 1.(2006) Final Draft GB/T 20090.7 Information Technology — Advanced Coding of Audio and Video — Part 7: Mobile Video, AVS N1294Google Scholar
- 2.(2003) Draft ITU-T recommendation and final draft international standard of joint video sepc-fication (ITU-T Rec. H.264/ISO/IEC 14496-10 AVC), JVT-G050Google Scholar
- 3.(1993) ISO/IEC 11172-2, Coding of Moving Pictures and Associated Audio for Digital Storage Media at up to about 1.5 Mbit/s — Part 2: VideoGoogle Scholar
- 4.(2000) ISO/IEC 13818-2, Generic Coding of Moving Pictures and Associated Audio Information — Part 2: VideoGoogle Scholar
- 7.(2007) AVS-P2 and AVS-P7 Performance Test Report, AVS M1979Google Scholar
- 8.(2006) AVS-P2 and AVS-P7 Performance Test, AVS N1353Google Scholar