NCD Recommendation for the National Standard for Describing Digitized Heritage in Serbia
In this paper we present a proposal for the national standard for describing digitized assets of movable heritage in Serbia. The proposal was made by the National center for digitization and supported by the Committee for digitization of the UNESCO commission of Serbia. The main objective of the proposal is to guarantee interoperability among resources available by different providers and compatibility with the most popular existing international standards.
KeywordsMetadata Standard Bibliographic Record National Heritage Metadata Record Metadata Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Art ' Architecture Thesaurus, AAT, http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting research/vocabularies/aat/.
- 2.A weblog about FRBR: Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records, www.frbr.org, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.I. Buonazia, M. E. Masci, D. Merlitti, The Project of the Italian Culture Portal and its Development. A Case Study: Designing a Dublin Core Application Profile for Interoperability and Open Distribution of Cultural Contents, ELPUB2007. Openness in Digital Publishing: Awareness, Discovery and Access — Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Electronic Publishing held in Vienna, Austria 13–15 June 2007, Edited by: Leslie Chan and Bob Martens. 393–494, 2007.Google Scholar
- 4.The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, http://dublincore.org/.
- 5.Encoded Archival Description, http://www.loc.gov/ead/.
- 6.IFLA Study Group, Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records, www.ifla.org/VII/s13/frbr/frbr.pdf, 1998.
- 7.MARC Standards, http://www.loc.gov/marc/.
- 8.National Center for Digitization, http://www.ncd.matf.bg.ac.yu.
- 9.Recommendation for the National Standard for Describing Digitized Heritage in Serbia, 2007. http://www.ncd.matf.bg.ac.yu/?page=news&lang=sr&file=predlogStandardaMetadata. htm
- 10.SPECTRUM, the UK Museum Documentation Standard, http://www.mda.org.uk/spectrum.htm.
- 11.The European Library, http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org/
- 12.Recommendations for coordination of digitization of cultural heritage in South-Eastern Europe, Conclusions of the Regional Meeting on Digitization of Cultural Heritage, Ohrid, Macedonia, 17–20 March 2005, Review of the National Center for Digitization, 2 –7, 2005. (http://elib.mi.sanu.ac.yu/files/journals/ncd/7/ncd07002.pdf)
- 13.Serbian Children's digital library, http://digital.nbs.bg.ac.yu/decije/