A Web Classifier for Semantic Classification Between News and Sports Broadcasts
Lately, lot of work has been done in the area of content-based audio classification. In this paper we experiment on audio classification between sports and news broadcasts using the Average Magnitude Difference Function as the feature extractor and an LVQ1 neural network as classifier. The method proves robust and the results are reliable and could be further utilized in an automated web classifier.
KeywordsAudio Signal Semantic Classification Audio File Audio Clip Pitch Detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Adami, A. Bugatti, R. Leonardi, P. Migliorati: Low Level Processing of Audio and Video Information for Extracting the Semantics of Content. IEEE Fourth Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, 2001Google Scholar
- 2.E. Dellandria, P. Makris, N. Vincent,: Inner structure computation for audio signal analysis. Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, 2003Google Scholar
- 3.R. Huang, J. Hansen: Advances in Unsupervised Audio Classification and Segmentation for the Broadcast News and NGSW Corpora. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, Vol. 14, No. 3, May 2006Google Scholar
- 4.Hae Young Kim, Jae Sung Lee, Myung-Whun Sung, Kwang Hyun Kim, Kwang Suk Park: Pitch Detection with Average Magnitude Difference Function Using Adaptive Threshold Algorithm for Estimating Shimmer and Jitter. Proceedings of the 20th Annual Znternational Conference of the ZEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Vol. 20, NO 6,1998Google Scholar
- 5.N. Nitanda, M. Haseyama, H. Kitajima: Accurate Audio-Segment Classification Using Feature Extraction Matrix. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2005Google Scholar
- 6.C. O'Leary, M. Humphrys : Lowering the entry level: Lessons from the Web and the Semantic Web for the World-Wide-Mind. 1st Int. Semantic Web Conf. (ISWC-02)Google Scholar
- 7.M. Poulos, S. Papavlasopoulos, G. Bokos: Specific Selection of FFT Amplitudes from Audio Sports and News Broadcasting for Classification Purposes.Google Scholar
- 8.M. De Santo, G. Percannella, C. Sansone, M.Vento: Classifying Audio of Movies by a Multi-Expert System. IEEE 11th International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing, 2001.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Selamat, S. Omatu,: Web page feature selection and classification using neural networks. Elsevier, Information Sciences—Informatics and Computer Science: An International Journal Vol. 158, No 1, 2004Google Scholar
- 10.G. Tzanetakis, M. Chen,: Building Audio Classifiers for Broadcast News Retrieval. 5th International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services, WIAMIS'04Google Scholar
- 11.G. Ying, L. Jamiessen, C. Michell: A Probabilistic Approach to AMDF Pitch Detection. Proceedings., Fourth International Conference on Spoken Language, ICSLP'96Google Scholar
- 12.Jinjun Wang, Changsheng Xu, Engsiong Chng: Automatic Sports Video Genre Classification using Pseudo-2D-HMM. The 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, ICPR'06Google Scholar