A Low Cost Coarse/Fine Piezoelectrically Actuated Microgripper with Force Measurement Adapted to Eupass Control Structure
Over the last few years the demand for miniature objects and devices has continuously increased. So the need for MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) and MOEMS (Micro Opto Electro Mechanical Systems) in various fields has become more and more important. New micromanipulation technologies must be developed that take into account the specificities of MEMS and MOEMS. For performing manipulation tasks, gripping is one of the fundamental functions. In this paper, the design and the control of a microgripper dedicated to very high precision tasks are presented. The LAB (Laboratoire d’Automatique de Besançon) has developed a microgripper based on the piezoelectric properties . This gripper is equipped with a precise sensor for force measurement. Force measurement is very important in order to avoid damaging or destroying the fragile object. Various approaches were used to model and calibrate the microgripper. The control of the gripper is done using the EUPASS Control Structure .
KeywordsForce Control Force Measurement Piezoelectrically Actuate Programmable Logic Controller Wheatstone Bridge
- 1.Qiao C., Yassine H., Philippe L. (UFC), Gebhard M. (Festo), A Low Cost Coarse/Fine Piezoelectrically Actuated Microgripper with Force Measurement, EUSPEN May (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Markus Kemper. Development of a Tactile Low-Cost Microgripper with integrated Force Sensor. International Conference on Control Applications Taipei, Taiwan, September 2–4, 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.Lu, Z., Chen, Peter C. Y., and Lin, W., Force sensing and control in micromanipulation. IEEE Transactionson Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C. September 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.Eisinberg A., Menciassi A., Micera S., Campolo D., Carrozza M.C., Dario P., “PI force control of a microgripper for assembling biomedical microdevices”, IEE Proc. — Circuits Devices Syst., August 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.Joël Agnus, Contribution to the micromanipulation: studies, realization and command of a piezoelectric grip, November 2003.Google Scholar