The Equilibrium of Life-Career Planning
Over a 100 years ago, fixed wing aircraft flight was made possible by Orville and Wilbur Wright’s breakthrough invention of a three-axis control that allowed effective steering and maintenance of airplanes’ equilibrium. The significance of the Wright brothers’ control invention is that it facilitated recovery of lateral balance, or equilibrium, when the wind tilts the aircraft to one side or another.
KeywordsCareer Planning Career Choice Food Science Swot Analysis Multiple Intelligence
- Bradburn, E.M., Nevill, S., and Cataldi, E.F. (2006). Where Are They Now? A Description of 1992–1993 Bachelor’s Degree Recipients 10 Years Later (NCES 2007–159). U.S. Department of Education. Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 7, 2007: http://www.nces.ed.gov/pubs2007/2007159a.pdf.
- Colozzi, E. (2003). Depth-oriented values extraction. Career Development Quarterly, 52, 180–189.Google Scholar
- Coplin, W. (2003). 10 Things Employers Want You to Learn in College. Jen Speed Press: Berkeley, CA.Google Scholar
- Crosby, O. (2005). Career myths and how to debunk them. Occupational Outlook Quarterly, fall issue, 49(3). Retrieved online april 21, 2007 at: http://www.bls.gov/opub/ooq/2005/fall/art01.pdf.
- Henke, R. & Zahn, L. (2001). Attrition of New Teachers Among Recent College Graduates: Comparing Occupational Stability Among 1992––93 Graduates Who Taught and Those Who Worked in Other Occupations, NCES 2001––189. U.S. Department of Education National Center for Education Statistics: Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Horn, L.J., and Zahn, L. (2001). From Bachelor’s Degree to Work: Major Field of Study and Employment Outcomes of 1992–1993 Bachelor’s Degree Recipients Who Did Not Enroll in Graduate Education by 1997 (NCES 2001–165). U.S. Department of Education. Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics.Google Scholar
- Hurtado, S., Sax, L., Saenz, V. et al. (2007). Findings from the 2005 administration of Your First College Year. Los Angeles: Higher Education Research Institute.Google Scholar
- Kaplan, R. (2000). Playing with numbers in a Gallup Poll: 1999 National Survey of Working in America. Presented at NCDA Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.Google Scholar
- Klink, J., Byars-Winston, A., and Bakken, L. (2008). Coping efficacy and perceived family support: Potential factors for reducing stress in premedical students. Medical Education, 42, 572–579.Google Scholar
- Koehler, T., and Miranda, C. (April 11, 2004). Are today’s UW-Madison graduates cultural klutzes? No incentive encourages awareness. Wisconsin State Journal. 102, pp. B1.Google Scholar
- McGinn, D., and McCormick, J. (February 1, 1999). Your next job. Newsweek, 133 42–51.Google Scholar
- Seuss, D. (1990). On, The Places You”ll go. Random House, NY.Google Scholar