Employer Expectations/Managing Corporate Life
Have you ever wondered if you will end up working for a large corporation or an entrepreneurial business? Some people seem to thrive in one environment, but falter in another. Or, they just seem to enjoy one more than the other, while being able to function equally well in either. This chapter will not provide you a crystal ball to look into and predict your future career path. However, hopefully, it will provide you with information on life in the corporate world that you will find useful at some point in your career, be it in a large corporation or a small entrepreneurial venture, or both.
KeywordsEmotional Intelligence Large Corporation Corporate Culture Corporate World Human Resource Department
- Beveridge, W.I. (2004) The Art of Scientific Investigation. Blackburn Press, Caldwell, NJ.Google Scholar
- Bradford, D.L. and A.R. Cohen (1997) Managing for Excellence: The Guide to Developing High Performance in Contemporary Organizations. Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Farber, S. (2004) The Radical Leap: A Personal Lesson in Extreme Leadership. Kaplan Business, New York.Google Scholar
- Goleman, D. (2005) Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ. Bantam Books, New York.Google Scholar
- Pinchot, G. (1986) Intrapreneuring: Why You Don't Have to Leave the Corporation to Become an Entrepreneur. Harper Collins, New York.Google Scholar