The Selected Problems of Lean Manufacturing Implementation in Mexican SMEs
This paper presents the results of investigation of selected problems concerning Lean Manufacturing Implementation at SMEs in México. The analysis is a result of survey conducted in a sample of 24 manufacturing enterprises and it has been supported by some Mexican governmental information sources as well as additional studies which have been conducted before. The paper presents also a preliminary proposal of a methodology of implementation of lean manufacturing and the model of lean manufacturing appropriate in Mexican industrial plants conditions.
The findings of this research are the following: a)The most important problems related to Mexican manufacturing SMEs, b) The problems related to the implantation of lean manufacturing in Mexican SMEs
KeywordsTotal Quality Management Manufacturing Enterprise Lean Manufacturing Mexican Government National Development Plan
- 1.M. Bednarek, Study of New Competences Required by Professional Employees by Mexican Enterprises (Politechnical University of San Luis Potosi, Mexico, 2004).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Bednarek and F. Nino Luna, The Proposal of the Lean Manufacturing for Mexican SMEs’ (HAAMAHA, San Diego, USA, 2005).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Moctezuma, A Model for Implementing Manufacturing Integral Systems in Small and Medium Size Mexican Companies, Doctoral Dissertation (Orgmasz Institute, Poland, 2002).Google Scholar
- 4.Observatorio PYME, Statistical information about the situation of SMEs in Mexico (2003) http://www.cipi.gob.mx/html/observatorio.html, Secretary of Economy.
- 5.Plan National de Desarrollo 2001–2006 (National Development Plan 2001–2006), Document published in Presidential Internet System, http://pnd.presidencia.gob.mx/ (14-02-2005).
- 6.Programa de Desarrollo Empresarial 2001–2006 (Enterprises Development Program 2001–2006), (Secretary of Economy, Mexico) www.cipi.gob.mx.