Fuzzy Multi-Attribute Scoring Methods with Applications
The multi-attribute scoring methods are widely used while comparing the alternatives because of their simplicity. In the case of incomplete information and vagueness, these multi-attribute scoring methods have been extended to obtain the fuzzy versions. In this chapter, fuzzy simple additive weighting methods and fuzzy multiplicative weighting methods are explained with numerical examples.
Key wordsScoring simple additive weighting multiplicative weighting multi-attribute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bector, C.R., Appadoo, S.S., and Chandra, S., 2002, Weighted factors scoring model under fuzzy data, Proceeding of the Annual Conference of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada Management Science Division, ed. Kumar, U., 95í105, Winnipeg, Manitoba.Google Scholar
- Bonissone, P.P., 1982, A fuzzy set based linguistic approach: Theory and applications, in Approximate Reasoning in Decision Analysis, Gupta, M.M., and Sanchez, E., eds., pp: 329-339, Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Dubois, D., and Prade, H., 1982, The use of fuzzy numbers in decision analysis, in Fuzzy Information and Decision Processes, Gupta, M.M., and Sanchez, E., eds., 309-321, North-Holland, Amsterdam. Google Scholar
- Lo, H.C., 2002, A preliminary study of development of fuzzy composite score for multiple assessments, Chinese Journal of Science Education, 10(4): 407-421.Google Scholar
- Vanegas, L.V., and Labib, A.W., 2001, Application of new fuzzy-weighted average (NFWA) method to engineering design evaluation, International Journal of Production Research, 36(6): 1147-1162.Google Scholar
- Yoo, K.P., and Hwang, C-L., 1995, Multiple Attribute Decision-Making: An Introduction, Sage University Publications, California.Google Scholar
- Zhang, T., Benini, L., and De Micheli, G., 2001, Component selection and matching for ip-based design, Proceedings of the Design and Test in Europe, March: 40-46.Google Scholar
- Zhang, W., 2004, Handover Decision Using Fuzzy MADM in Heterogeneous Networks, WCNC 2004, IEEE Communications Society, 653-658.Google Scholar