Grey Fuzzy Multi-Objective Optimization
This chapter provides a description of grey fuzzy multi-objective optimization. A prerequisite background on grey systems, along with preliminary definitions is provided. Formulation of the grey fuzzy optimization starting with a general fuzzy optimization problem is discussed. Extension of the grey fuzzy optimization with the acceptability index to include multiple objectives is presented. Application of the grey fuzzy multi-objective optimization is demonstrated with the problem of waste load allocation in the field of environmental engineering.
Key wordsGrey fuzzy fuzzy optimization waste load allocation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Deng, J.L., 1982, Control problems of grey systems, Systems and Control Letters, 1(5): 211-215.Google Scholar
- Karmakar, S., and Mujumdar, P.P., 2005a, An inexact optimization approach for river water quality management, Journal of Environmental Management, 81: 233-248.Google Scholar
- Li, R.J., 1990, Multiple objective decisions making in a fuzzy environment, Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Industrial Engineering, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS.Google Scholar
- Liu, S., and Lin, Y., 1998, An Introduction To Grey Systems: Foundation, Methodology And Applications, PA: IIGSS Academic Pub., PA.Google Scholar
- Luo, R.C., Chen, T.M., and Lin, M.H., 1999, Automatic guided intelligent wheelchair system using hierarchical grey-fuzzy motion decision-making algorithms, Proceedings of the International Conference on intelligent Robots and Systems, IEEE, South Korea, pp. 900-905.Google Scholar
- Ross T.J., 1995, Multiobjective Decision Making, Fuzzy Logic With Engineering Applications, Mc Graw-Hill Inc, pp. 326-331, New York.Google Scholar
- Sakawa, M., 1984, Interactive fuzzy decision making for multiobjective nonlinear programming problems. In: Interactive Decision Analysis, Grauer, M., and Wierzbicki, A. P., (eds.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Sakawa, M., Yumine, T., and Yano, H., 1987, An interactive fuzzy satisfying method for multiobjective nonlinear programming problems, in: Analysis of Fuzzy Information, Bezdek, J. C. (ed.), Vol. III, pp. 273-283 CRC Press. Inc., FL.Google Scholar
- Streeter, H.W., and Phelps, E.B., 1925, A study of the pollution and natural purification of the Ohio River, III. Factors concerning the phenomena of oxidation and reaeration, Pub. Health Bulletin No. 146, February, 1925. Reprinted by U.S., DHES, PHA, 1958.Google Scholar
- Zimmermann, H.J., 1985, Decision making in fuzzy environments, Fuzzy Set Theory and Its Applications, Second Edition, Allied Publishers Limited (Original publication by Kluwer Academic Publishers, MA), pp. 241-282.Google Scholar