Towards Affordable and Accessible Healthcare Systems
Part of the Series in Biomedical Engineering book series (BIOMENG)
KeywordsHealthcare System Health Spending Application Specific Integrate Circuit Personal Healthcare Healthcare Information System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
The authors would like to thank for the financial support from the Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) and the industrial sponsors: Golden Meditech Company Ltd., Bird International Ltd., and Bright Step Corporation.
- 1.United Nations, Population Division, “World population prospects: the 2006 revision population database,” www.esa.un.org/unpp, 2006.
- 2.World Health Organization, Global Report, Preventing Chronic Diseases: Vital Investment, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.Financial Times, www.ftchinese.com/sc/story_english.jsp?id 5 001012849, 2007.
- 4.A. Shah, “Global health overview,” Risk Group LLC Newsletter, 2005. www.globalissues.org/health/overview/
- 5.B. Schlender, “Intel’s Andy Grove on the next battles in tech: the IT visionary says tech needs to learn to think bigger,” Fortune, May 12, 2003.Google Scholar
- 6.Y. T. Zhang, Y. S. Yan, C. C. Y. Poon, “Some perspectives on affordable healthcare systems in China,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, France, 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.C. C. Y. Poon, Y. T. Zhang, and Y. S. Yan, “Some perspectives on high technologies for low-cost healthcare: Chinese Scenario”, manuscript prepared for IEEE EMB Magazine (special issue), 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Lymberis, “Smart wearables for remote health monitoring, from prevention to rehabilitation: current R&D, future challenges,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual International IEEE Conference on Information Technology Applications in Biomedicine, UK, pp.272–275, 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.G. Troster, “The agenda of wearable healthcare,” IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics, pp. 125–138, 2005.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Luprano, J. Sola, S. Dasen, J. M. Koller, O. Chetelat, “Combination of body sensor networks and on-body signal processing algorithms: the practical case of MyHeart project,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks, pp. 76–79, USA, 2006.Google Scholar
- 12.Y. T. Zhang, C. C. Y. Poon, S. D. Bao, and K. C. Liu, “A wearable and cuffless device for the continuous measurement of arterial blood pressure,” in Proceedings of the International Ubiquitous-Healthcare Conference, Korea, 2004.Google Scholar
- 13.C. C.Y. Poon and Y. T. Zhang, “Cuff-less and noninvasive measurements of arterial blood pressure by pulse transit time,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, China, pp. 5877–5880, 2005.Google Scholar
- 14.C. C. Y. Poon, Y. T. Zhang and Y. B. Liu, “Modeling of pulse transit time under the effects of hydrostatic pressure for cuffless blood pressure measurements,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE-EMBS International Summer School and Symposium on Medical Devices and Biosensors, U.S.A., pp. 65–68, 2006.Google Scholar
- 15.C. C. Y. Poon, Y. M. Wong and Y. T. Zhang, “M-Health: the development of cuff-less and wearable blood pressure meters for body sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/NLM Life Science Systems & Applications Workshop, NLM/NIH, USA, 2006.Google Scholar
- 16.Y. T. Zhang, C. C. Y. Poon, C. H. Chan, M. W. W. Tsang, and K. F. Wu, “A health-shirt using e-textile materials for the continuous and cuffless monitoring of arterial blood pressure,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE-EMBS International Summer School and Symposium on Medical Devices and Biosensors, USA., pp. 86–89, 2006.Google Scholar
- 19.A. Wong, K. P. Pun, Y. T. Zhang and K. N. Leung, “A NIR CMOS preamplifier with DC photocurrent rejection for pulsed light source,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference, U.K., 2006.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008