The Personal Digital Library (PDL)-based e-learning: Using the PDL as an e-learning support tool
The paper describes a support tool for learners engaged in e-learning, the Personal Digital Library (PDL). The characteristics and functionality of the PDL are presented. Suggested steps for constructing and managing a PDL are outlined and discussed briefly. The authors believe that the PDL as a support tool of e-learning will be important and essential in the future.
KeywordsSupport Tool Application Software Learning Material Learning Content Hard Drive
- 1.Chen, GZ. Ruan, JH & Zang, GQ, “On the Personal Digital Library”, Journal of Library Science in China, 3, 34–38 (2002). (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.E-learning resources on the Internet. (April 16, 2007) http://ekb.mwr.biz/eresources.htm.
- 3.J.H. Ruan & X.Z. Deng, “The Internet-Based Education: Using the Internet as School”, Global Education on the Net: Proceedings of ICCE’98 Vol.2. China High-Education Press, Springer-Verlag. 434–437 (1998). (In English)Google Scholar
- 4.G.Q. Zang, “Evaluation and Analysis of Full Text Database Software Suited for Building Personal Digital Library”, Journal of the china society for scientific and technical information, 1, 59–64 (2003). (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.F.C. Kuo, “Learning Words with Personal Digital Library” (March 26, 2007) http://www.cis.scu.edu.tw/~kuo/pub-paper/p97-2.htm